Housekeeper / Room Attendant – Starting Pay $13/hour
Come join the Award-winning Magnus Hotel Management team at our Tru by Hilton SLC Airport hotel, where we strive to be one of the best hotels in Northern Utah. Guest satisfaction is a top priority. We work together as a team to create a culture of safety, quality and integrity.
What does hospitality mean to you? Do you like getting to know new people from all over? Or do you like seeing them smile after a good night’s stay? Whatever it is, your drive to make people feel welcome is important to us. People who fit well here at Tru by Hilton SLC Airport have a commitment to quality & people in everything they do. Our team members understand the importance of a home away from home and try their best to make people feel at home here.
Our team members understand our vision, contribute to our mission, thrive on hard work and good, honest values. We empower on-site staff to take responsibility and pride in their hotel. Fulltime (30-40 hours/week) and Part-time (as needed, up to 28 hours/week) positions available. Starting wage is $13.00/hr. Hiring Bonus after completing 30 days of employment.
A day in the life:
- Clean daily the rooms assigned to him or her on the “Daily Room Attendant Report/Board” assigned by the Executive Housekeeper, Housekeeping Supervisor or any other depart manager who assigns rooms to be cleaned.
- Take care of all uniforms, equipment and supplies issued by the Executive Housekeeper.
- Report immediately all damage found in a room.
- Report all missing items from a room.
- Load the cart with supplies and equipment issued by the linen/laundry attendant and or supervisor.
- Make up and notify the linen/laundry attendant or supervisor of all roll-away and cribs found in the checkout rooms, so that they may be picked up and properly stored.
- Responsible for the passkey received daily from the Executive Housekeeper. Make sure that it is secure at all times and turned into the Executive Housekeeper or supervisor at the end of your shift. Keys should never be removed from the property.
- Immediately turn in lost and found items to the Executive Housekeeper or supervisor, include the area or room number where the item(s) were found.
- Do deep cleaning when assigned by the Executive Housekeeper.
- Must maintain a safe and accident free working environment.
Skills you’ll need:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Prior housekeeping/laundry experience preferred.
- Prior Hilton Hotel Experience preferred.
- Ability to stand/walk for entire shift.
- Lift up to 25lbs regularly, lift up to 40lbs occasionally.
- Ability to follow written or verbal instructions
- Ability to follow safety procedures.
Benefits and Rewards:
- Starting wage is $13.00/hr
- Transportation assistance available for first 30 days.
- Fulltime employees are eligible for health, dental and vision insurance; basic life and AD&D insurance; paid-time-off and holiday pay.
- Employee discounts at all Hilton brand hotels for full- and part-time employees.
- Hiring bonus of $100 for part-time positions and $200 for fulltime positions paid after completing 30 days of employment.
Magnus Hotel Management (MHM) is a Drug-Free Workplace and an EEO employer.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $13.00 per hour