Come join our team at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott located in Draper. We are hiring for a weekend Housekeeping Inspector/Laundry Attendant, 3 days/week could be Friday-Sunday or Saturday-Monday. Position can be full-time. We offer competitive pay, great benefits including opportunities for growth and awesome Marriott worldwide travel discounts!
Marriott and the Woodbury Group care about your safety where you work. We comply with Marriott brand standards and have adopted the “Commitment to Clean” program to ensure the safety of you and our guests.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities/ Essential Functions
Note: Per the Americans with Disabilities Act, essential functions are the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Performs the duties of a Housekeeper/Room Attendant plus the following:
- Supervises the day-to-day operations of an assigned group of Housekeepers or an assigned area of the facility; ensures that guestrooms are clean, restocked and straightened; regularly inspects guestrooms; trains associates in proper work procedures, safety, and customer service; may be assigned to track inventory, disburse linens or assisting in purchasing supplies; may supervise the hotel laundry operations; may assist in recruiting and selecting new associates; communicates performance expectations and provides associates with on-going feedback; coaches and counsels associates to achieve work and personal objectives; fosters 100% guest satisfaction through standards encouraging genuine hospitality and exceeding guest expectations; listens to associates and guests; apologizes with empathy as appropriate and follows through when resolving guest concerns.
- Cleans guest rooms along with assigned staff as hotel needs require.
- Sort all linens and treats stains.
- Load soiled laundry into washers; add specified cleaning agents.
- Take wet, clean items and dry them as required.
- Sort and fold or hang clean, dried items.
- Maintain inventory of all cleaning supplies and communicate needs to supervisor.
- Maintain all laundry equipment and inform supervisor as to any maintenance needs.
- Follow all company policies including safety policies and procedures.
- May stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time; reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Will move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- At least 1 year of housekeeping experience
- Able to collaborate effectively with subordinate staff and peers
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish (highly desirable)
- Ability to work a variable work schedule
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use proper lifting techniques; can lift up to 50 pounds regularly and up to 75 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to use cleaning materials, supplies and equipment (vacuums, buffers, laundry equipment, etc.)
Note: The above duties and qualifications may vary; incumbents may perform other related duties as assigned or needed.
Related Jobs (45)
Housekeeping overnight Cleaner $1,000 SIGNON BONUS on 05/27/2021 Full Time