Sorrel River Resort and Spa
Sorrel River Ranch is a Four Diamond luxury guest ranch located along the scenic Colorado River surrounded by 2,000-foot high cliffs, buttes and mesas. This exclusive 240-acre riverside oasis is 17 miles from Moab, 21 miles from Arches National Park and 43 miles from Canyonlands National Park.
The Human Resource Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices. This individual will be the point person and support for our Sorrel River Ranch employees.
- Assist with all internal and external HR-related matters (Investigate complaints brought forward by employees).
- Prepare paperwork, schedule, and facilitate a smooth new hire onboarding process, coordinating with cross-functional departments to deliver an exceptional first-day experience.
- Handle all administrative tasks for onboarding, new hire orientation, and exit interviews, including entering data into HR information systems and auditing for accuracy and compliance.
- Enter data into HR information systems and auditing for accuracy and compliance.
- Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, conducting reference checks and issuing employment contracts.
- Participate in developing organizational guidelines and procedures.
- Assist with Open enrollment and other HR assigned projects.
- Recommend strategies to motivate employees.
- Coordinate employee development plans and performance management.
- Monitor employee morale and company culture.
- Ensure legal compliance of HR state and federal regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required.
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity to HR Director.
- Assist with updating timecards/payroll processing.
- Bachelors degree in human resources or 5 years in related field.
- Understanding of Labor Law and employment equity regulations.
- Efficient HR administration and people management skills.
- Fantastic knowledge of HR functions and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works comfortably under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Super computer literacy with capability in email, google drive and related HR software.
- Remarkable organizational and conflict management skills. Excellent record-keeping.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Medical and Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation Time (per company policy)
- Ticket At Work – free employee incentive
- Relocation package available
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered. Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V.