Human Resources Manager
At Magnus Commercial Properties (MCP), the Human Resources Manager will have responsibilities across all of the businesses and properties that are managed at the MCP offices. This position will oversee all Human Resource functions and coordinate with each business division manager. Amongst the businesses, there are a total of approximately 40 full time and 90 part time employees. The HR Manager carries out the implementation of staff-related services and policies and assists and advises company managers about Human Resources issues. This position’s responsibility includes a lead oversight role in recruiting, hiring and assisting with on-boarding new employees. The Human Resource Manager is also responsible for payroll and benefits administration review and oversite. The role also includes responsibility for government compliance with hiring and employment and establishing and executing on good employment practices.
Human Resources Responsibilities
- Manage Payroll system including, but not limited to, maintaining security access to systems; processing semi-monthly payroll; ensuring accuracy of employee information; ensuring accurate pay and deduction information; processing employee garnishments; creating custom reports; troubleshooting errors in the systems; and training other users on these systems.
- Manage Benefits Administration systems including, but not limited to, reviewing eligibility of benefits plans; administering enrollment process; maintaining records for regulatory compliance; troubleshooting errors in the systems; and training other users on these systems.
- Oversee legal compliance in areas such as federal, state and local employment laws, employee relations, EEOC, and ACA.
- Assist and lead all MCP companies and personnel with recruitment, hiring, employee onboarding, job development, needs assessment, employee relations, benefits, training, terminations, etc.
- Create and implement employee enrichment and skill specific training programs (Safety, Policy and Procedure Accountability, Sexual Harassment etc.).
- Oversight and lead of programs/benefits including workers comp, unemployment insurance, employee health insurance (ACA required and otherwise) and other employee programs, government mandated or not.
- Follow up with MCP companies and personnel to ensure their compliance with established policies and collect needed documentation.
- Address employee issues and questions regarding employment, compliance, and documentation
- Serve as main point-of-contact with benefits vendors/administrators and contracted payroll and health insurance companies
- Maintain HR files, including records for employee grievances, background checks, reference checks, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions
- Any other related tasks as may be required
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Knowledge and experience in organizational planning, recruitment, organization development, employee relations, safety, employee engagement, and employee development.
- Above average written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building skills
- Ability to work independently and with self-motivation and in groups, both as a leader and as a team member, as different roles require
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable HR resource to the executive management team that provides overall company leadership and direction.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices, including compliance and confidentiality
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources recognition and engagement programs and processes.
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- High level of organizational skills
CitySalt Lake City