At Grand America Hotels & Resorts, we are devoted to a tradition of excellence, providing memorable experiences, beautiful backdrops, and genuine service. Established in 1952 by the Holding family, the Grand America Hotels & Resorts’ distinctive collection includes The Grand America Hotel (Salt Lake City, Utah,) Sun Valley Resort (Sun Valley, Idaho,) Snowbasin Resort (Huntsville, Utah,) The Westgate Hotel (San Diego, California,) and Little America Hotel locations in Salt Lake City, Utah; Flagstaff, Arizona; Cheyenne, Wyoming and Little America, Wyoming. When it comes to outdoor adventure, family getaways, and destination meetings, Grand America Hotels & Resorts’ properties offer everything needed to ensure an unforgettable stay.
Experience Required: This position requires previous experience supervising individuals in a food and beverage setting. Experience serving in a restaurant or hotel setting of this stature or greater, preferred. Applicant must be 21 years of age or older, have or be prepared to obtain a Food Handling certificate, and possess or be prepared to obtain an alcohol certification card. Applicant must be familiar with food and beverage operations and be prepared to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations.
Skills Required: This position will require the applicant to have adequate knowledge and or understanding of the following:
- Ability to adequately perform any and all duties associated with the line positions for which they will be overseeing.
- Knowledge of various food and beverage standards enforced by the hotel
- Ability to communicate, in English, with guests, management, and co-workers to their understanding.
- Ability to provide legible communication.
- Previous experience with order taking, food service and supervision of staff.
- Ability to adhere to the hotel’s policies and procedures.
- Ability to perform basic functions on a POS (point of sale) system terminal.
- Ability to exert physical effort in transporting equipment, product, and wares.
- Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks while maintaining required standards of operation in daily food and beverage outlets.
- Multi-lingual preferred.
- Must be proficient in the following management methods: written and verbal communication, the guidance, mentoring & development of staff, quality control, training, leadership and financial controls.
- Must be able to effectively use computer software to monitor staff schedules and sales as assigned.
- Must be able to communicate with guests/people outside of the organization effectively and professionally.
- Must be able to resolve conflicts and negotiate with others.
- Must possess the ability to lead by example and act as a role model for all employees of this property.
- Ability to endure abundant physical movements in carrying out job duties.
- Ability to interact positively with intoxicated and or problem guests.
- Ability to ensure security and confidentiality of staff, co-workers, and guests alike. This includes, but is not limited to general hotel information.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
Job Responsibilities: This position will require the applicant to carry out the following tasks:
- Ensure the outlet is exceeding our guest expectations by having orders delivered complete and on time.
- Adequately perform the duties defined by management in accordance within the outlet’s various meal periods.
- Taking guest orders.
- Entering orders into the POS terminal.
- Delivery of orders to guest rooms.
- Ensure staff is completing a set list of nightly side work duties in a timely manor.
- Abiding by all the guest service standards required by room service employees as well as enforcing these standards with staff.
- Maintaining specified levels of cleanliness within the outlet.
- Ensure staff prepares the area/station for the appropriate meal period.
- Responsible for motivating and training staff.
- Responsible for adhering to all State, Federal and local laws as they pertain to the sale and service of food and beverage products including alcohol service.
- Responsible for monitoring the actions of guests and staff ensuring proper health and safety standards are met.
- Document, maintain and record daily sales figures.
- Enforce the rules and regulations of cashiering and accounting/cash handling procedures.
- Assisting in the recruitment, training, and development of staff.
- Effectively resolve guest concerns and recognizing areas of opportunity while working to implement systems of improvement.
- Responsible for extensive record keeping, file maintenance, and tracking of all events pertaining to the In Room Dining outlet.
- At all times provides a favorable image of The Grand America Hotel to promote its aim and objectives.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company employees.
- Hold daily line-up meetings with employees of the two outlets being supervised.
- Assist with staffing levels.
- Performs other job-related duties as directed.
- Assist in creating a cooperative and harmonious working environment conducive to maximize employee morale, productivity, and efficiency/effectiveness.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.grandamerica.com/job-openings/