Join our team as a Landscaper for The Lodge at Blue Sky, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by maintaining the landscape and grounds as directed by the Director of Engineering and Engineering Supervisor.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Complete projects assigned by the Director of Engineering and Engineering Supervisor.
- Clean debris from pathways, roads, and parking areas.
- All aspects of snow removal and salt dispersal to maintain safe passage throughout the property for guests and team members.
- Water planted areas by hose and irrigation valves.
- Invasive weed removal.
- Year-round planting.
- Care, maintenance, and safe use of ladders, power equipment, and hand tools, including lawnmowers, string trimmers, chainsaws, edgers, golf carts, snow removal equipment, etc.
- Ensure proper maintenance of storm drains and gutters.
- Maintain an organized, clean, and safe work environment.
- Participate in and support hotel and company efforts towards sustainability and environmental initiatives as part of the Blue Sky Green Team program.
- Act according to the policies and procedures established in the associate handbook.
- Maintain complete awareness of facilities, hours of operation, emergency procedures, and rules of conduct.
- Be aware of resort occupancy and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Cooperate with department leadership and staff members to promote customer service, the integrity of the Engineering department, and the spirit of The Lodge at Blue Sky.
- Respond to all emergencies as established in the Management Emergency Procedure Guidelines.
- Assist guests whenever necessary.
- Perform other duties as directed, developed, or assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and follow through on all jobs with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
- Understanding of irrigation systems and repair.
- Ability to communicate in English verbally and in writing.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions in English.
- Proficiency with computers and hand-held communication devices.
- Intermediate knowledge and use of landscape tools related to all job functions
- Intermediate knowledge of Irrigation system functions, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Intermediate pruning skills, plant health diagnostics and care.
- Intermediate understanding of landscape plans and landscape design concepts.
- A genuine affinity for interacting meaningfully and positively with guests and team members.
- At least two years of landscape maintenance experience.
- Reliable transportation to and from work.
- A positive ‘can do” attitude!
- Two years of luxury resort experience is preferred.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures, and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives. If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Lodge at Blue Sky is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Lodge at Blue Sky provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Lodge at Blue Sky complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Related Jobs (10)
Engineering Mechanic – Hilton Salt Lake City Center on 07/24/2021 Full Time