We are hiring a Maintenance Operator/ Landscaping Groundskeeper to join our landscaping team at The Homestead. Our beautiful 177 acres of land are cared for by our landscaping team and our greenhouse attendant. To do well in this role you should be a motivated self-starter and have the willingness to learn on the job with attention to detail. If you’re looking to join a growing team and love the outdoors, apply today!
Benefits Available (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and 401K), Homestead Friends and Family Discounts, Complimentary Golf, and more!
- Planting, cultivating, pruning of the hotel’s shrubs, flowers, trees, grass, and plants. Stakes, fertilizes, waters – removes unnecessary weeds/growth and adheres to the general needs of the hotel grounds.
- Safely operates the hotel’s gardening equipment e.g. mowers, edgers, sprayers, trimmers, chainsaws, pruning handsaws, shears, weed eaters, blowers rakes etc, using necessary safety equipment.
- Conducting routine inspections of premises and equipment.
- Performing preventative maintenance.
- Handling basic repairs and maintenance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Understands methods, materials, and equipment used in propagating, trimming, shaping, fertilizing, weeding etc.
- Protection and safety requirements needed when working with power equipment and hazardous or toxic material (e.g. wearing proper safety glasses, gloves and steel toed shoes).
- Routine maintenance required for power gardening equipment and tools (e.g. replacing blades and worn belts and adding oil).
- Safe driving practices using an electric cart.
- Irrigation and sprinkler system adjustment and maintenance.
- Able to work cooperatively with others.
- Understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination to grasp, hold, and operate hand and power tools and grounds equipment.
- Strength, stamina, and mobility to stand, walk, sit, reach, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, bend, and crouch for extended periods of time and lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Working Conditions are mostly in an outdoor setting engaged in work of a physically active nature.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=16459&clientkey=34DD0A8F9819D810F405FEFBFB264077