The Lift Operations Manager is a key player in Snowbasin’s overall success. While providing leadership and direction to the Lift Operations department, this individual is responsible for establishing a culture of teamwork and driving the company’s core values of Service and Safety above all else.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and direct the efforts of the Lift Operations team to positively impact the guest and employee experience; create a fun, team-oriented environment focused on safety.
- Develop and implement goals to develop a high performing team; support and coach team members to achieve both department and resort goals.
- Recruit, hire and train Lift Operators and Ticket Checkers; coordinate with team members to facilitate department activities and responsibilities, assign and review work, resolve employee/guest issues and attend to other related matters.
- Provide daily oversight and supervision of team members; ensure correct staffing across the department.
- Promote safety awareness throughout the department by developing, coordinating and implementing guest/employee focused safety programs; develop a comprehensive multi-year strategy to continue the resort’s journey towards safety excellence.
- Conduct and document staff training on safe operations of various lifts across the resort; ensure adherence to all applicable safety standards and procedures.
- Assist with the development and implementation of incident reduction and prevention strategies to minimize risk and liability exposure; ensure required lift signage is current and displayed appropriately.
- Prepare and maintain administrative and operational reports and records; ensure accuracy and timeliness of checklists, lift logs, employee/guest incident reports and other documentation.
- Establish strong working relationships/partnerships across all resort operations.
- Enact general emergency procedures; coordinate and respond to emergencies as needed.
- Develop and adhere to the department budget.
- Provide direct support for Mountain Operations and other duties as assigned.
- High level of energy and enthusiasm for providing exceptional guest service.
- Proven ability to motivate employees around safety and drive engagement.
- Ability to develop and lead high performing teams while building relationships across departments and functions.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Aptitude for giving and receiving feedback in a positive manner.
- Ability to pivot and embrace changes to operations when necessary.
- Must be physically capable of working long hours in all weather conditions.
- Able to frequently lift up to 50 lbs and perform manual labor tasks including shoveling snow, chipping ice, raking ramps, loading bikes, etc.
Work Schedule and Environment
- Responsible for both Winter and Summer operations as well as special events.
- Weekend, nights and holiday availability required as well as flexibility with work schedule; available on-call as necessary.
- Work is performed in a mountainous winter environment in varying weather conditions.
Education and Experience
- Demonstrated supervisory experience required.
- 1+ year(s) resort operations experience or equivalent combination of experience and training/education.
- Experience negotiating, coaching and problem solving in an effective manner while building and maintaining positive relationships.
Responsibilities to Safety:
• Correctly use all personal protective equipment at all times and hold team accountable
• Protect the safety of self, co-workers, and Snowbasin Resort guests at all times
• Promptly tend to and/or report any potentially harmful equipment or situations to the immediate supervisor and/or appropriate department(s)
• Report safety-related accidents and incidents at once to immediate supervisor and appropriate department(s), following documented procedures
• Follow all company and department safety policies and procedures as outlined in the Resort’s Occupational Safety & Health Compliance Manual and department-specific procedures or manuals
• Operate equipment in a safe manner that will not lead to injury of yourself or others
• Drive in accordance with the law and Snowbasin Resort policies
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://recruit.hirebridge.com/v3/careercenter/v2/?cid=7707