POSITION TITLE: Maintenance Engineer
REPORTS TO: Chief Engineer or AGM/GM
Hourly Wage: $16 to $18 US$ Hourly
JOB SUMMARY: The Maintenance Engineer is responsible to ensure that the engineering and maintenance operations within the hotel, including general property maintenance, are working properly and up to the hotels operating standards. The Maintenance Engineer is also responsible to keep all equipment in good repair providing day-to-day maintenance support to the hotel. Additionally, work towards and support the improvement of engineering service to guests, other departments and co-workers.
- Perform day-to-day routine and preventative maintenance within the hotel rooms and public areas.
- Respond promptly and efficiently to any maintenance calls that arise either by the guest or other departments.
- Respond courteously and promptly to guest requests and resolves matters to the guest’s satisfaction.
- Ability to prioritize the maintenance issues e.g.: to attend the breakdown of plant and machinery on priority.
- Perform maintenance activities in the guest rooms and public areas including minor electrical equipment, plumbing and Air conditioning.
- Program TV’s and perform general housekeeping and engineering-related inventory duties.
- Monitor fire Alarm / Life Safety System systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems.
- Understand and operate electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, and water systems. Be able to test, troubleshoot and perform basic repair on systems.
- Communicate with different departments and to provide them with information and assistance.
- Check for new maintenance requests e.g.: OOS – Out of Service and OOO – Out of Order from the PMS (Property Management System) and update remarks once the task is completed.
- Able to maintain a daily logbook of work done during the shift.
- Execute the preventative maintenance schedule and ensure all equipment and designated areas are maintained to the required standard.
- Maintain all tools, equipment, and working areas in good condition.
- Train and instruct other members of the staff through sharing of knowledge and skills.
- Ensure knowledge for proper chemical use and follows all safety protocols as outline on the chemical’s SDS as well as proper use of any required personal protective equipment.
- Perform any other job assigned by the management as and when required.
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time as customary in a hotel environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to lift and move up to 75 lbs. with or without assistance.
- Ability to work without close supervision and within established time frames.
- Experience in general trades such as light plumbing, minor electrical, painting & drywall, general repairs required.
- 2-5 years experience in a hotel, multi-unit residential or commercial building environment.