All work is to be performed in a quick and efficient manner. When working on guestrooms, the engineer is to greet the guest using the guest’s name (if applicable). Ask if it is a good time to do the work or offer to come back at a better time. Inform the guest when the work is complete and ask if there is anything else they need. When the engineer leaves a guest’s room, there should not be any signs that the engineer was there. ALL tools and parts should be removed from the room, all fingerprints wiped off, and all dirt cleaned up. If necessary, the engineer should contact housekeeping for assistance. All engineering personnel will be well groomed and in clean uniforms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Include the following, but are not limited to)
– Maintain and repair all guest rooms in accordance with standards and guidelines set forth
– Maintain HVAC filters in guest rooms
– Maintain light bulbs in guest rooms and corridors
– Maintain complete records of all work
– Maintain daily log of all work completed
– Maintain P.M. cart containing all necessary parts and materials
– Respond to guest rooms calls within 15 minutes
– Inform dispatch when calls are completed
– Successfully complete Training Certification and review all departmental safety information
– Practice emergency procedures in compliance with hotel/ company standards in order to react and assist in any hotel emergency
– Assist other departments by providing lateral service; perform all other related duties as assigned by Supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
– Basic knowledge of mechanical locks: Mortise, Marlok, electronic, etc.
– Doors, sliding glass, entry hinges, by-fold doors, etc.
– Basic TV, remotes, telephone, and computer systems
– Basic boiler room operations including steam and snow melt systems, boiler controls.
– Basic heating & cooling system including electronic thermostats and valves.
– 7/13/2015Basic fire prevention equipment, extinguishers, and alarm systems detector and pull station, sprinkler systems, fire pump, dry/wet systems.
– Drapes, blinds, rollers, wands, shower curtain glides, etc.
– Basic plumbing, P-traps, tub drains, drain cleaners, toilets, etc.
– Basic electrical, changing outlets, breakers, transformers, lighting ballast, etc.
– Basic knowledge of Emergency Generator and transfer switch.
Schedule: Various Days and Shifts
Benefits Package Offered: Yes
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://saltlake.littleamerica.com/careers/job-openings/