The Maintenance Technician III (Maintenance Supervisor) role is to ensure a safe, efficient, well-maintained Hotel environment while providing maintenance services to guests in a courteous, and professional manner. A hands-on leader who guides, motivates and supports the team and will act as the manager on duty in the absence of the DOE or ADOE.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Assist Hotel guests with guestroom maintenance issues (plumbing, heating, lighting, electrical, painting, drywall, etc.)
- Perform preventative maintenance responsibilities on guestrooms and common areas.
- Maintain all mechanical items in the guestrooms and public space.
- Work with team to keep back of house safe and secure.
- Clean work areas after completing assigned jobs.
- Receive direction for house calls via radio.
- Full understanding of the fire alarm system and fire emergency procedures.
- Act as security when on duty as needed by hotel.
- Understand hotel amenities and hotel facilities. Ability to direct and assist guests.
- Ability to work with housekeeping to ensure guestrooms are ready for guests.
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions; complete safety training and certifications.
- Follow company policies and procedures; ensure a clean uniform and professional personal appearance.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect the company asset.
- Effectively operate a computer, two-way radio, power and hand tools required to complete responsibilities.
- Communicating daily with the DOE/ADOE regarding current and upcoming maintenance & landscaping projects.
- Assist in conducting frequent property inspections to evaluate the condition and safety of the property.
- Inventory control.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned by the DOE or ADOE.
- 3+ years of building maintenance experience and/or relevant technical training.
- Must possess painting, plumbing, basic electrical, minor carpentry and lighting skill.
- Move, lift and carry items weighing up to 50-100 lbs. without assistance. Candidates must be able to utilize, step stools and ladders effectively.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Walk, stand, climb, bend, reach overhead, squat and kneel for long periods of time.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of knowledge of OSHA safety regulations.
- Ability to manage and use HotSOS system for work orders.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Flexible work schedule.
The Hotel functions seven days a week and 24-hours a day. All employees, both management and hourly, must realize, at times, it may be necessary to move an employee from their accustomed shift so support business demands.
* Midway Properties Group, LLC (Zermatt Utah Resort & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer) *
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://zermatt.applicantpool.com/jobs/994310.html