As a Massage Therapist at the Cliff Spa, you will provide massage services in a safe manner using appropriate and effective massage techniques while providing the guest with the highest level of customer service and professionalism to give them a world class resort spa experience.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide massage services to Cliff Spa clients; provide safe, appropriate and effective massage techniques.
- Ascertain precautions/contradictions for massage prior to each session. Explain procedures and applies techniques appropriate to client needs and preferences.
- Observe client reaction to massage and modifies as necessary. Solicits feedback and responds accordingly.
- Maintain client confidentiality and sensitivity to age and gender related issues during all client interactions; report any unusual client interactions to supervisor immediately.
- Responsible for cleaning and maintenance of massage rooms, refilling supplies, changing linens, etc.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET THE JOB DONE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2+ years of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence, preferably in a spa setting.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Utah Massage Therapist License.
- Knowledge and ability to provide up to 6 treatments in a row safely and competently.
- Must have expertise in providing deep tissue or sports-oriented bodywork.
- Ability to complete daily commission logs, do basic math and filing.
- Must be reliable, mature and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Exercise of judgment within policy guidelines and without supervisory approval.
- Problem solving and initiation of activities within job description and responsibility limitations.
- Shifts may vary depending on business levels.
- Specific Shift: PM shift, 1:30PM – 6:45PM.
- Must be available Tuesdays, and Saturdays or Sundays.
- Weekend and holiday availability required.
- Must be prepared to stay overnight if necessary on occasional times of road closures.
- May experience unusual stress from high business volumes, deadlines, continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
- Other/Additional: Must have ability to remain calm and focused on quality customer service in a sometimes stressful environment with last-minute changes, mistakes, and high expectations. Position requires an outgoing and friendly personality.
WHY WORK HERE
- Ski pass and comp ticket benefits.
- Discounts at Snowbird eateries, retail shops, mountain school, lodging and daycare for employees.
- Discounts with Powdr partners.
- Free transportation to work: UTA Bus, Rideshare vans, Canyon Transportation vans, and Employee Shuttles.
- Complimentary spa access that includes use of pool, hot tub, fitness center, steam room, and sauna.
- Complimentary yoga classes.
- 30% discount on retail items.
- $10 friend pass.
WHO WE ARE
Snowbird is a world-renowned resort just 6 miles up Little Cottonwood Canyon. Here, winter enthusiasts experience all types of mountain terrain which can be enjoyed by every level of skier and snowboarder. Guests can sharpen their skills at our topflight mountain school, go for a backcountry snow-cat tour or enjoy an exhilarating Heli-ski adventure. Snowbird offers 4 hotels, 15 restaurants, conference facilities, summer activities, Oktoberfest, and a full-service spa, all surrounded by spectacular granite peaks – making Snowbird a world-class destination.
Snowbird’s renovated Cliff Spa features 21 treatment rooms, a newly designed yoga studio and an upgraded fitness center, both with mountain views. The Cliff Spa has a rooftop pool and hot tub with sensual surroundings, radiant heated decks and gas-fed fire pits with increased seating capacity. With incredible views and a eucalyptus-infused environment, the solarium is the perfect place to relax. The boutique offers a range of unique Cliff Spa items, high-end yoga apparel and holistic skincare. Located on the 9th and 10th floors of The Cliff Lodge, The Cliff Spa delivers the ultimate spa experience with amenities that match the mountain.
Snowbird’s ambition is to provide unique big mountain experiences that grow the committed Snowbird family. This includes both our team members and our guests. By helping everyone experience what makes Snowbird unique and special, the environment, the mountain, the canyon and the people. In this way they make memories for a lifetime, “memories that match our mountain”.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the role. We require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired and comply with our professional appearance, drug & alcohol, and employee conduct policies.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.snowbird.com/jobs/