Snowbasin Resort believes that people are at the center of everything we do, from caring for our employees and guests, to serving the communities where we live. We are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in hiring, training, and career advancement. Building a community that is respectful and kind towards one another is who we are.
As a member of the culinary supervision team, the Head Baker is instrumental in developing and fulfilling the short/long-term goals for the property and executing the F&B philosophy through culinary/bakery operations. This position is responsible for creating an atmosphere that will inspire guests, employees, associates, and vendors to return with attitude, aptitude, and desire to succeed shown through in creative products. This position is also responsible for the supervision of all bakery staff, their actions, and their development as a member of the Dining/Culinary Team. This position is also responsible for the manner in which the bakery team reacts to guest requests, relationships with the FOH, business levels, speed of production; and above all, quality of finished product and guest service. The above goals will be accomplished by the proper implementation, promotion and success of our operations through continual evaluation of the products/services provided while insuring effective training and coaching of the bakery team. The individual will instill a strong atmosphere of service excellence through example in order to promote self-motivation and will redirect performance as soon as discrepancies are observed/experienced; including with themselves. The individual will develop budgetary guidelines and goals with the Executive Chef; achieving results through the practice of prudent management techniques and cost controlling measures; including developing portion control. Most importantly, the Head Baker will constantly challenge themselves and their team to be creative, exercising a wide-range of research freedom to be exciting, innovative, and relevant, and ahead of the curve in trends. This position will coordinate and oversee all aspects and functions of the Bakery activities, Event baked goods, as well as Banquet Culinary – including cakes. Employees of the bakery are mentored through the Head Baker in this regard and proper consistency and proper controls are adhered to at all times. A key part of every employee’s job is to serve as a Snowbasin ambassador, engaging the guest at every opportunity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Read, understand and abide by the employee handbook and resort & department polices & procedures.
2. Maintain a positive work environment by managing, leading, listening, teaching, coaching, working and communicating in a courteous and professional manner with all guests, co-workers, and vendors.
3. Lead by example, fostering departmental teamwork and collaboration both with Culinary, FOH, and Sales.
4. Maintain awareness of all safety, state & federal sanitation and security procedures relevant to the department and property. Ensure department members are familiar with and adhere to them as well.
5. Under direction of Executive Chef, Sustainable operations and charter are part of daily methods of preparation (MOP) and daily sales operations
6. Maintain awareness of resort skier visits, group demands, and all business levels with the willingness and ability to make quick corrections
7. Perform any reasonable tasks as requested by management, and QAT.
8. Manages day-to-day culinary operations, including Kronos, and PMI
9. Develops and enforces service standards in bakery through constant guidance of employee and guest engagement
10. Fosters a bakery environment of safety and awareness of kitchen/restaurant hazards. Maintains all Safety related paperwork for weekly topics and keeps workspace free of hazards while training all employees what it means to work safely and maintain orderly and clean work spaces.
11. Monitors and secures inventories daily, including product pull.
12. Enforces consistency and superior quality standards.
13. Lead decision maker for the bakery including goals, products.
14. Leads workshops and meetings to progress departmental service standards and profitability.
15. Coaches & mentors subordinate employees through training, coaching, and positive guidance.
16. Ensure all reporting and time sensitive needs are supplied to appropriate parties when required (historical records, financials, payroll, email, HR needs, schedules logs, safety, etc).
17. Participates in and promotes safety, accident prevention and recycling efforts.
18. Works to grow revenue opportunities and streams in the bakery including specials, new products, etc.
19. Represents resort at community and industry events as necessary.
20. Is always an ambassador to the company and the example to the employees both FOH & BOH.
21. Read all group information including: BEO, Group Resume as well as be an active member of the BEO/Group Resume meeting.
- Personal computer, telephone, copy machine, fax and other basic office equipment
- Oven, stove, steamer, Kettle, Bakery, Mixers
- Knife and other sharp utensils
- Culinary Equipment-Cook/Chill
RESPONSIBILITIES TO SAFETY:
1. Protect the safety of self, co-workers, and Snowbasin Resort guests at all times.
2. Promptly report any potentially harmful equipment or situations to the immediate supervisor and/or appropriate department(s).
3. Report safety-related accidents and incidents at once to immediate supervisor and appropriate department(s), following documented procedures.
4. Follow all company and department safety policies and procedures as outlined in the Resort’s Occupational Safety & Health Compliance Manual and department-specific procedures or manuals.
5. Operate equipment in a safe manner that will not lead to injury of yourself or others.
6. Drive in accordance with the law and Snowbasin Resort policies.
NOTE: This job description shall not be construed as a contract for employment. Snowbasin Resort is an at-will employer. As a prerequisite to employment, a criminal background check is required. Results of a background check aren’t grounds for immediate disqualification.
Related Jobs (42)
Food Server – Nutrition Care Patient Service Representative on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Patient Services Representative – Food Server on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Sanitation/Tray Line Stocker (Dishwasher) on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Patient Services Representative – Food Server – Evenings on November 22, 2022 Part Time
Nutrition Care Sanitation/Tray Line Stocker (Dishwasher) EVENINGS on November 22, 2022 Full Time