The PBX Operator is responsible for greeting and connecting incoming calls to their proper destination with timely and friendly fashion. Assist all internal and external guests with questions and inquiries. Handle emergency calls and be able to coordinate with all departments across the company.
- Answer hotel switchboard pleasantly with appropriate greeting. Ask permission to put caller on hold prior to doing so.
- Transfer calls to guest rooms or other hotel facilities as requested. Thanks caller prior to disconnecting.
- Maintain attention on switchboard as primary responsibility.
- Multitask well with multiple communication forums open and running.
- Deal with telephone related requests from groups such as special extensions for calls, messages, etc.
- Receive and relay messages to hotel guests and departments.
- Communicate requests of hotel guests to appropriate departments to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Handle emergency procedures such as calling fire department, paramedics, police, etc.
- Immediately alert hotel management via all communication avenues when an emergency occurs.
- Must be knowledgeable about basic computer functions and willing to learn PMS system.
- Demonstrate upbeat demeanor, using pleasant, patient tones with all callers.
- Answer each call promptly with warm and friendly appropriate greeting.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of the English language to effectively communicate with guests, associates, and vendors.
- Ability to accurately report information.
- Ability to assist with various office tasks as needed.
- Ability to scrupulously follow all Driftwood and hotel policies and procedures.
- Attend required meetings.
- Work tasks are performed indoors.
- Must be able to sit the entire scheduled shift. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
- High school or equivalent education required.
- Previous Hotel Experience preferred
- Must have excellent English communication skills and be able to read, write and speak fluently
Must be able to work varying days of the week based on business demand, including weekends and holidays as necessary.
Shift is 3:00pm to 11:00pm
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Driftwood Hospitality Management, LLC and brand standards.
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Room Discounts
- Employee Food and Beverage Discounts
EEO: Driftwood Hospitality Management is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://careers.driftwoodhospitality.com/jobs/search/where/salt%20lake
Related Jobs (9)
FRONT OFFICE MANAGER – HILTON SALT LAKE CITY CENTER on May 16, 2022 Full Time