ABOUT THE LODGE AT BLUE SKY: Nestled between the soaring peaks of Utah’s Wasatch and Uinta mountain ranges, a mold-breaking and highly-anticipated concept in hospitality is emerging…The Lodge at Blue Sky sits on thousands of acres of some of the world’s most breathtakingly beautiful natural lands, just a few short minutes from Park City, and its unique philosophy fosters, in equal measure, unmatched luxury and uninhibited adventure. Prestigious industry publications including Travel and Leisure and Forbes have singled out The Lodge at Blue Sky as one of the most sought-after destination hotels in the world this year. When it opens its doors for the first time in May of 2019, the Auberge Resort Group Family looks forward to welcoming guests to share in the Soulful Journey that guides every aspect of this one-of-a-kind resort’s operations.
The Lodge at Blue Sky is pleased to invite qualified and passionate candidates to join our Family in growing strong roots in our local and global community, being responsible stewards of the land we love, experiencing meaningful adventures, and nurturing our connections with people and other living creatures, every single day. The Lodge at Blue Sky believes that our mission to provide luxury with wild abandon to our guests can only be fulfilled by nurturing, valuing, and empowering our employees to be their best selves, and giving our best in return. Our employee culture sets itself apart from other luxury hotels in our genuine appreciation of and respect for our team members, and we are dedicated to providing the best employee experience possible for our team by pairing people with positions that both challenge and enrich them, as well as offering competitive wages and comprehensive benefits.
POSITION SUMMARY: Clean and maintain all items and surfaces in designated areas, ensuring the highest standards of cleanliness. At The Lodge at Blue Sky, we are proud to represent our hotel and our country to guests from all over the world. Our Public Areas Attendants are integral to the success of Blue Sky by ensuring that the public spaces our guests see first and last on their visits with us are in line with our highest value of luxury with wild abandon. We treat our guests and our colleagues with respect and work hard together to deliver the highest quality of service to all.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
- Ensure security of any assigned keys.
- Review the assignment sheet and update completed assignments. Check with supervisor and Housekeeping office for additional assignments before the shift.
- Organize work duty priorities.
- Review assigned area and complete general removal of any trash or debris.
- Clean designated areas with proper chemicals, tools, and equipment.
- Transport any food and beverage trays/items in public areas to service areas.
- Check under furniture for debris and remove if present; reposition furniture to correct floorplan.
- Inspect condition of all furniture for tears, rips, stains and report damages to supervisor. Dust and polish all woodwork.
- Remove all dust, debris, and foreign particles from upholstered furniture, including crevices and under cushions.
- Dust pictures, frames, mirrors, fire extinguisher boxes, exit signs, and air vents.
- Clean all lamps, light fixtures, and light switches; check for proper working condition.
- Remove dust, spots, and smears from windows, frames, and ledges; wash windows as assigned.
- Remove dust, grease, and smears from house/public phones and reposition the property. Replace soiled/damaged phone books.
- Remove dust, dirt, marks, and fingerprints from doors and door frames.
- Remove stains, scuff marks, and dust from baseboards, ledges, and corners.
- Empty trash containers, ashtrays and ash urns in public areas into proper containers for recycling.
- Remove trash, debris, and cobwebs from balconies and patios.
- Use designated chemicals, supplies, and equipment to clean various floor surfaces (mops, vacuums). Replace floor mats.
- Empty vacuum cleaner bags, replace and clean machines.
- Remove soil, dirt, soap build-up and hair from public and employee bathroom mirrors, vanities, sinks, toilets/urinals, and floors.
- Replace facial and toilet tissues, hand towels, soaps in correct amount and location.
- Sweep front entrance daily.
- Remove soiled towels from the pool area and return them to laundry.
- Report any damages or maintenance problems to the supervisor.
- Turn over any lost and found items to the supervisor.
- Ensure security of hotel property.
Standard Specifications: Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees or guests.
- A genuine affinity for interacting meaningfully and positively with guests.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, co-workers, and management to their understanding.
- Combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling.
- Professional, polished service, focused on exceeding expectations and attention to detail.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to exert physical effort in using cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Ability to endure abundant physical movements in cleaning various work areas.
Working Conditions: Tasks are performed indoors and outdoors. Temperature can be extreme but is usually moderate. Noise level is usually moderate. Frequently works near moving/mechanical parts. The employee will be exposed to cleaning fluids and chemicals necessary to perform duties.
Physical Demands: Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities:
- Reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting the property.
- The constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Vision requirements: the constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: the constant need to speak on the telephone and/or two-way radio,
- Respond to the general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://recruiting2.ultipro.com/BLU1025BSCRL/JobBoard/8b6e1df2-a6b1-43ae-aa6e-53e93df07eb4/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=d2bd2c77-a0ba-495b-a580-536a9e52515a