As a Summer Seasonal Recreation Staff member at the Iron Blosam at Snowbird under the direction of Iron Blosam management, you will work with owners’ recreation staff to provide quality programs to guests and owners.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop, coordinate, and implement children and adult craft classes, games, and storytelling.
- Plan classes and games, shop for supplies, set-up, teach, and clean up after classes.
- Plan and organize everything for classes, and effectively utilize the assistance of other recreation staff.
- Coordinate and lead group hikes in a mountain setting.
- Occasionally travel to/from the resort.
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET THE JOB DONE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- College degree in related field preferred. Additional related work experience may be substituted for education.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to hike.
- Valid Driver License w/ clean MVR (driving record) and be on Snowbird’s Authorized Driver’s List.
- Must demonstrate basic competency in reading, writing, speaking, simple arithmetic, basic accounting principles, and interpersonal relations.
- Must have a knack for arts, crafts, storytelling, and games. Able to stay within a given budget. Typically requiring face-to-face interactions such as interpersonal skills, communication, customer service, etc.
- Must be First Aid/CPR certified. Wilderness and Remote First Aid certified, preferred.
- Must have a Food Handler’s Permit.
- Must have basic knowledge of Snowbird and Utah history as well as Little Cottonwood Canyon flora and fauna.
- Plan and organize classes and effectively utilize staff on hand to assist.
- Shifts vary, may be early morning or late evening, weekends, holidays, depending on business levels.
- Monday – Thursday/Friday, 7:30 am to 6 pm, with some nights and weekends as required by workload and special events. Full-time. June – November.
- Must be prepared to stay overnight, if necessary, on occasional times of road closures.
- May experience unusual stress from high business volumes, deadlines, continual work with the public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to carry trays and other items needed for service.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
- General office environment with limited physical activity.
- Work is outdoors and requires constant exposure to cold and other extreme weather conditions.
- Work is routine in pleasant, comfortable surroundings. General office conditions prevail.
- Work is subject to frequent interruptions making continuity and accuracy difficult, frequent exposure to noise.
- Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
WHY WORK HERE
- Ski pass and comp ticket benefits
- Discounts at Snowbird eateries, retail shops, mountain school, lodging and daycare for employees
- Available medical, dental, vision and accident insurance – benefits are available based on position and are subject to change
- Discounts with Powdr partners
- Free transportation to work: UTA Buss and Rideshare Vans, Canyon Transportation vans and Employee Blue Shuttles
WHO WE ARE
Snowbird is a world-renowned resort just 6 miles up Little Cottonwood Canyon. Here, winter enthusiasts experience all types of mountain terrain which can be enjoyed by every level of skier and snowboarder. Guests can sharpen their skills at our topflight mountain school, go for a backcountry snow-cat tour or enjoy an exhilarating Heli-ski adventure. Snowbird offers 4 hotels, 15 restaurants, conference facilities, summer activities, Oktoberfest and a full-service spa, all surrounded by spectacular granite peaks – making Snowbird a world-class destination.
Snowbird’s ambition is to provide unique big mountain experiences that grow the committed Snowbird family. This includes both our team members and our guests. By helping everyone experience what makes Snowbird unique and special, the environment, the mountain, the canyon and the people. In this way they make memories for a lifetime, “memories that match our mountain”.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the role. We require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired and comply with our professional appearance, drug & alcohol, and employee conduct policies.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.snowbird.com/jobs/