The Reservations Agent serves as the voice of the hotel when guests first call or visit the property to inquire about booking. This role requires the Agent to take guest reservations in a professional and courteous manner.
Job duties include; although are not limited to:
- Providing excellent customer service to all guests and taking reservations using proper hotel verbiage, ensuring to adhere to hotel standards
- Accurately inputting and organizing reservation information via rooming lists, internet, travel agency requests, sales department, and reception with appropriate follow up
- Accommodating in-house guest requests, ensuring a high level of guest satisfaction
- Maintaining accurate logs of special requests and ensuring that requests are blocked in PMS or front office system
- Answering and directing in-bound calls to the hotel and frequently using email and fax systems, coordinating and responding to mailed correspondence
- Understanding the selling strategy for the hotel by knowing the status of room inventory and following it
- Processing rooming lists accurately as well as all changes and cancellations for group reservations
- Preparing group guest lists prior to arrival
- Controlling and blocking rooms as well as pre-blocks for special groups
- Ensuring that all reservations transferred to PMS or front office system are accurate
- Aggressively selling hotel rooms to maximize transient room revenue using up-selling and yield management techniques per company policy
- Memorizing hotel facilities and giving clear directions to the hotel for inquiring guests
- High school Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a customer service role required
- Previous experience working in an upscale hotel preferred
- Excellent telephone etiquette and verbal and written communication skills required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook required
Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems. Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 6 hours a day. Walking and standing are occasionally required. Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis. This position requires manual dexterity, grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability, and visual acuity.
In the United States we are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://montage.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Montage_International/job/USA--UT--Montage-Deer-Valley/Reservations-Agent--PT-_R23107