Are you ready for a dynamic and rewarding opportunity to develop yourself while creating a passionate front of house team? Can you adapt to the changing clientele and requirements of a fast paced, multi-faceted food & beverage department? Look no further.
Zermatt Utah Resort & Spa, located in the beautiful mountain town of Midway, Utah, is seeking an experienced, dedicated Restaurant Manager to oversee & direct the operation of our outlet: Z’s Steak & Chop Haus, The Bakery at Zermatt, The lobby lounge, and future expansion outlets. In this position you will report directly to the F&B Manager. The Restaurant Manager will also be responsible for managing, coaching, & developing the front of house staff in proper protocol and procedures in order to achieve the absolute highest quality of guest service. The Restaurant Manager will also be tasked with the operational detail relating to the delivery of an outstanding food and beverage experience for each guest of our restaurants.
Essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Directing all food and beverage front of house operations to ensure quality service and standards, while also delivering a unique guest experience
- Circulating through each dining area to ensure we are exceeding guest expectations
- Sincerely seek guest comments while quickly and willingly handling any complaints
- Consistently checking quality of dining room, service and kitchen areas for cleanliness, proper set up, and sufficient supplies
- Assist with inventory process and orders as necessary
- Recruiting, hiring, training and mentoring the F&B front of house management team and staff
- Ensuring all state and county food and alcohol service procedures are strictly adhered to and that employees’ Food Handler & Alcohol Service licenses/permits are current & up to date
- Solving challenges and issues as they arise both with guests and with team members
- Consulting and communicating with the culinary team daily
- Ensuring the front of house and back of house teams work together as a cohesive team
- Previous culinary and/or restaurant management educational experience preferred
Requirements for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Willingness & availability to work evenings, weekends & holidays
- Minimum of a high school diploma/GED
- Intermediate understanding of F&B/restaurant financials, scheduling & cost controls is essential
- Minimum of 3-5 years of previous food & beverage/restaurant supervisory and/or management experience
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, twist & reach for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift at least 20lbs
- At least 21 years of age
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a Utah Food Handler & Alcohol Server Permit.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and proficiency of all applicable food and beverage laws and regulations for the state of Utah
The Hotel functions seven days a week and 24-hours a day. All employees, both management and hourly, must realize, at times, it may be necessary to move an employee from their accustomed shift so support business demands.
* Midway Properties Group, LLC (Zermatt Utah Resort & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer) *
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://zermatt.applicantpool.com/jobs/