Provide guests with quality customer service by demonstrating excellent knowledge of all menu items. Serve food and beverages to guests in a punctual, courteous, efficient and accurate manner. You’ll act as an advocate for the restaurant, be a creator of ridiculously personal experiences, and develop relationships with guests that will compel them to return.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Provide support and assistance when possible to your team while keeping all areas clean, dry and safe for your coworkers.
- Greet and welcome our guests and promptly attend to tables.
- Receive and take guest orders, process in POS system quickly and accurately.
- Prepare and serve meal accompaniments to guests.
- Learn and maintain product knowledge of the food, wine, and beverage menu(s), as well as general restaurant knowledge.
- Ensure that guests have an enjoyable and memorable experience, if there are any complaints relay them to management.
- Perform sidework.
- Open bottled wine for guests (wine service).
- Perform setup and breakdown of various stations (i.e. deli, dessert, coffee, espresso).
- Assist with setting and bussing tables, taking to-go orders, seating guests, and answering phones as needed.
- Attend all company and restaurant required trainings and meetings.
- Maintain constant communication with support staff and management.
- We all wear multiple hats here at Kimpton. You may need to take on responsibilities outside of this job post, as we all do.
What You Bring
- 1 year of experience in a similar or supportive role is preferred.
- Food Handler and Alcohol Awareness Certifications (if applicable).
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Able to learn, retain, and present product, menu, and allergy information to guests.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn the restaurant POS system is required.
- Must be able to calculate the accurate bill amount and use proper credit card and money handling skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Passion for crafting and personalizing guest experiences.
- Highly motivated and flexible with the ability to take initiative.
- Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when needed.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here opens a pdf file.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.
CitySalt Lake Ctiy
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?_fromPublish=true&c=1054241&d=KimptonHotelsAndRestaurants-External#/
Related Jobs (42)
Food Server – Nutrition Care Patient Service Representative on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Patient Services Representative – Food Server on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Sanitation/Tray Line Stocker (Dishwasher) on November 22, 2022 Full Time
Nutrition Care Patient Services Representative – Food Server – Evenings on November 22, 2022 Part Time
Nutrition Care Sanitation/Tray Line Stocker (Dishwasher) EVENINGS on November 22, 2022 Full Time