POSITION TITLE: Room Attendant
REPORTS TO: Executive Housekeeper/Asst Housekeeper
JOB SUMMARY: Room Attendant are responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of guest rooms, working areas; may include guest common areas to include lobby, restrooms, hallways, and stairways as needed. Ensuring rooms are cleaned according to hotel standards for stayovers and check-out rooms. He/She should maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all housekeeping departmental policies/service and the hotel’s procedures/standards. Additionally, maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of cleaning equipment
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest requests, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas.
- Vacuums the carpet.
- Deliver and retrieve items on loan to guests e.g., iron and ironing boards
- Ensure security of guest rooms and privacy of guests.
- Perform rotation cleaning duties (e.g., wash windows, deep cleaning etc.) as required
- Cleans guest bathroom/bedroom/floor corridor.
- Empty trash containers and ashtrays.
- Remove all dirty terry and replace with the clean par to the designated layout.
- Remove soil, dirt, soap build-up and hair from bathroom mirrors, vanity, sink, toilet, shower walls, bathtub, shower curtain and floor.
- Replace facial, toilet tissue and bathroom amenities in correct amount and location.
- Replenish amenities according to the operational standards e.g., toiletries, water, coffee/tea & condiments
- Inspect condition of bathrobes and replace soiled/damaged ones, if appropriate.
- Remove dirty bed linen and make up bed with clean linen.
- Replace laundry bags and slips.
- Clean closets and door tracks, removing dust and debris. Ensure correct amount and placement of hangers, extra blanket/pillow, and luggage rack.
- Dust and polish all furniture.
- Realign furniture to the floor plan.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance of work area.
- Attends to guest calls, guest requests /guest complaints in the area assigned.
- Responsible for following brand standard cleaning procedures.
- Responsible for achieving and exceeding the guest satisfaction score.
- Update status of rooms cleaned on assignment sheet.
- Return and restock cart at end of shift.
- Other duties as necessary and assigned by management.
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, bend, stoop and carry for prolonged periods of time as customary in a housekeeping role.
- Must be able to push up to 75 lbs., lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Previous hotel experience highly desirable.