Job Title: Sales Administrative Assistant
FLSA: Full-time, Non-exempt
Reports to: Sales Directors/Managers & VP of Sales
Provides administrative support for multiple Sales Directors/Managers, assisting them in achieving departmental goals of booking room nights.
- Assist Directors/Managers with daily administrative tasks and projects.
- Prepare bid proposals and site inspection itineraries.
- Assure that correspondence, forms and bids are completed accurately and professionally within proper deadlines.
- Input, process and update leads, definite bookings, lost business and cancellations.
- Assist the Directors/Managers in responding to inquiries and requests from meeting planners, hospitality partners, staff, leadership and members.
- Research assigned accounts.
- Document sales efforts and keep customer profiles current in the VSL’s automated sales software program; Simpleview CRM.
- Maintain efficient trace and filing systems in Simpleview CRM.
- Establish and maintain assigned reports and information systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Works closely with Visit Salt Lake staff, particularly Meeting, Convention Sales and Sports Sales staff. Also works with member hotel staff, Salt Palace Convention Center staff and Mountain America Exposition Center staff on a regular basis. Direct and indirect correspondence with external contacts such as meeting industry professionals, including executive directors, presidents and meeting planners of corporations and national associations.
Must be able to work effectively with others and possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, multi-task proficiency, initiative and the ability to adapt in fast-paced work environment required. Good working knowledge of computers, Microsoft Office software and the ability to learn new programs specific to the Sales Department operation preferred.
Insurance: medical, dental, life, long term disability. 401(k) plan, Vacation, Sick, and major holidays PTO.
Submit cover letter and resume to: Kelly Ware: HRvisitsl@visitsaltlake.com
Final candidates will be subject to a background and reference check. E/O/E
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.visitsaltlake.com/about-us/employment-opportunities/