Support the Sales & Catering Departments by giving administrative support to the Director of Catering, Catering Managers, and Convention Services. Greet and assist visitors, answer incoming calls and inquires to the Catering/Sales office.
- Perform general administrative functions including answering a high volume of incoming calls in a timely and courteous manner, composing correspondence, attending to department organization, distributing faxes and mail, and welcoming clients.
- Receive visitors and guests. Answer questions and concerns; follow through either to resolution or refer to the appropriate manager.
- Assure all incoming and outgoing correspondence is typed, received, mailed and/or filed as required.
- Maintain a professional working environment and attitude.
- Maintain and upkeep of all office equipment.
- Prepare/distribute Banquet Event Order’s (BEO) and change sheets as needed, attend daily meeting.
- Prepare/distribute Catering resumes, conference planning materials and any associated correspondence.
- Answer and forward guest requests, complaints, or questions in a courteous and timely manner.
- Assist Catering Sales Managers with in-house promotions and associate functions.
- Prints reports, event summary, weekly 10-day, missing BEO report and event posting report
- Assembles Catering promotion, sales, and holiday menu kits
- Processing amenity form request for Catering groups
- Promptly answers telephone calls for Catering department following Driftwood and brand standards using clear, positive, and friendly communication.
- Fax and or mail contracts, BEO’s, tax exempt forms, proposals, direct bill, and credit application to clients
- Call Catering groups for guarantees if needed
- Process phone, internet, banners memo to Eng. Dept and managers
- Process restaurant reservations, site visits for Catering groups
- Review Banquet Checks
- Responsible for TV Reader Board
- Sends correspondence to clients (thank you, comment cards)
- Checking availabilities for meeting space if needed
- Updates menus and any necessary information in POS if needed
- Assist with client events as requested by department
- Maintaining constant sales lead status updates and maintaining the lead tracking system.
- Maintain department office area in a professional manner including supplies and equipment. Other duties, as required, to ensure the operational efficiency of the office.
- Assembles Sales and Catering promotion kits.
- Distribution of memos, contracts, resumes, room requests and amenities to relevant departments.
- Responsible for mail pick up and distribution
- Purchases and keeps postage on hand.
- Facilitates tracking and deposits for Catering, Group and IBT.
- Perform other duties for department as needed
Education: High school or equivalent education required.
Experience: Prior clerical experience and prior hotel environment preferred.
Schedule: Generally, Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, however, must be able to work varying shifts based on business and client demand, including weekends and holidays and necessary.
Grooming: All employees must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance per Driftwood Hospitality Management, LLC and brand standards.
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Room Discounts
- Employee Food and Beverage Discounts
EEO: Driftwood Hospitality Management is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://careers.driftwoodhospitality.com/jobs/2127676-sales-catering-administrative-assistant