The Sheraton Park City is looking for an individual to join our amazing team as a Sales Manager. Are you passionate about sales and love closing the deal? We are looking for an individual with hotel Sales experience, preferably a Sheraton or Marriott background.
Come work for the largest and best hotel company in the world, MARRIOTT, which Sheraton is a part of that family.
The responsibilities for this position include:
- Social Catering and 40 and below on peak rooms (small to mid-size corporate business focus), with some event planning responsibilities – including servicing the group.
- Comprehensive knowledge of market position, banquet and food and beverage revenues, pricing and rate structures, sales strategies, yield management, booking trends, and future hotel planning.
- Be fully knowledgeable of competitive markets outside the area.
- Be fully knowledgeable of the capabilities and limitations of the hotel and departments that may impact sales strategies.
- Focus selling position on Catering Sales Leads and small to mid-size corporate business segments.
- Follow sales policies and procedures as developed in the annual Marketing Plan.
- Proactive selling: qualified lead sales calls in person and via email & over the phone.
- Conduct site tours for potential clients.
- Attend trade shows.
- Develop creative marketing techniques.
- Achieve and exceed individual and team annual goals as established by the annual Marketing Plan.
- Be fully knowledgeable of the role of rooms merchandising as it pertains to overall revenue and to periodically evaluate, assess, and revise the parameters of the program.
- Achieve budgeted revenues and expenses and maximize profitability related to the sales department.
- Maintain and correct procedures for credit control, financial transactions, and security of financial assets.
- Promptly respond to and resolve guest requests, complaints, or questions in a courteous and timely manner.
- Projection and forecast management.
- Service events in the event planning phase by working with the client to obtain details, input banquet event orders, and other internal communication to onsite hotel team.
- Maintain detailed records of discussions with the guest, including meeting setups, food and beverage, etc.
- Upsell to improve revenue generation on property, ensuring that attrition and food & beverage commitments are met in the pre-planning phase.
- Be readily available during functions for consultation with the client.
- Flexible scheduled required to accommodate client needs, including some nights and weekends depending on the business and client demands.
- Preside at conference planning meetings where details related to group coordination will be discussed and reviewed by management.
- Ability to accurately use various office and accounting software.
- Lobby duty.
- Adhere to all Sheraton and Driftwood standards.
Our culture isn’t all just about just work & success, we like to have fun too. We are a family here at the Sheraton- a home away from home. We have great benefits and competitive wages. And a lot of growth potential within the hotel and company. We are owned and operated by Driftwood Hospitality Management LLC, which is an EOE company.
Please apply online and if your qualifications meet ours, then we will call you to set up an interview.