We believe heartfelt, human connections make people’s lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You’re here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It’s what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We’re Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you – with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality – is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That’s what we seek out and celebrate. It’s people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don’t need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others’ lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that’s a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you’ll feel it too.
What You’ll Do
As the Sales Manager, you’ll consistently provide a high level of exposure of the hotel in major market areas through direct sales solicitation, telephone contact, written communications, and involvement in the community. You’ll be the face of Kimpton at the local and regional level.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Successfully achieve or exceed weekly and quarterly individual pace/production goals based on assigned markets.
- Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business through various efforts in order to maximize room revenue to meet and/or exceed individual and team sales and revenue goals.
- Develop and continually enhance relationships with key accounts to maintain high visibility and increase market share.
- Track all sales activities including goal-to-current production status using Delphi.
- Conduct telephone prospect calling on a myriad of pre-selected databases and anything else you can think of to generate more Sales business.
- Conduct sales presentations to clients and ownership verbally and using the latest technology.
- Conduct and build Fam Trips for meeting planners/companies.
- Lead Follow up/ Lead generation.
- Conduct site inspections.
- Travel as needed, to complete personal sales calls and presentations to customers within your discipline/ region and attend trade shows as needed.
- Be nimble, when writing the marketing action plans that you will create and complete, always build creative proposals!
- Negotiate and execute contracts that are fair and profitable.
What You Bring
- 2+ years sales management experience preferably in association market or/and 2+ years hotel sales experience in Upscale hotels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality/Tourism Management, Business, or related field of study is preferred.
- Proven successful selling and negotiation skills, including prospecting are required.
- Knowledge of Delphi is a plus.
- The ideal candidate must also possess excellent organization, task management, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Motivation and ability to identify new business opportunities and maintain a high regard for customer loyalty is essential!
- A successful candidate will be comfortable in a high-energy, service-oriented environment and be able to manage multiple functions and priorities.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.