Thanksgiving Point Security/EMT team members are within the Security Department. They must respond to security incidents and manage medical situations within legal parameters. Conduct patrol rounds reporting all security/safety issues. Respond to security matters at venues, coordinate monetary transfers, evaluate, and support and other department team members in the mission of transformative family learning at Thanksgiving Point. Additional tasks may include service of safety equipment, tools, and devices, as well as assistance and overwatch for staff in hazardous duties and other security operations as they are presented. Candidates will report to the Security Department Manager.
Qualifications for Thanksgiving Point EMT / Security staff:
- Applicants must have graduated from an accredited EMT program and have current NREMT certification and be licensed with Utah BEMS and hold an active status.
- A valid Utah Driver’s license
- Current CPR certification
- A current BCI screening and MVR
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions, follow and work under the chain of command.
- Ability to bend, push, pull and lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Physical ability to walk and stand for up to 8 hours without relief.
- Demonstrate the ability to implement correct clinical care in according to outlined Thanksgiving Point policies and procedures.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement while working in a stressful environment.
- A positive attitude and a pleasant demeanor
- A healthy work ethic and the ability to find and resolve unsafe or unsightly conditions without specific direction to do so.
- A pleasant demeanor and a heathy work ethic
This position is a part time position, typically 16 24 hours per week.
Must be 21 years of age.