You treat our customers as if they are your guests in your own home.
Your presentation – of yourself and the dish that you serve, is impeccable. You’re polished and professional while your plated dishes are timely and ready to be enjoyed.
Your attentiveness and genuine personality are admired by everyone as you make sure that all are having a good time as they dine in our restaurant.
Are you one of our Restaurant Servers?
Here’s what the job would look like:
As our Restaurant Server, you are responsible for providing the highest quality of service possible to guests in an efficient and courteous manner while maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitation throughout the hours of operation.
Here are your responsibilities:
- Ability to walk and stand for during entire shift while approaching and servicing guests with all food and beverage requirements in an attentive, friendly, courteous and professional manner. Reports all issues and complaints to management.
- Clear, clean and reset tables as needed and perform medium work exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly lift, carry, push, or otherwise move objects.
- Sweep, mop and vacuum floors to ensure that restaurant area and hallways are free from service debris and that all room service trays are brought back to the kitchen for breakdown and bussing.
- Be familiar with the organization of the restaurant and lounge and know the function of each job position as well as having a thorough knowledge of menus and specials in the restaurant.
- Perform opening and closing procedures, and side work duties according to station rotation assignment to ensure tables and side stands are kept stocked, tidy and clean.
- Follow all state liquor laws.
- Handle food and beverage service, as required. Carry coffee pots and beverages throughout the room, refilling guests’ cups and glasses as needed or requested.
- Greet and serve guests following guidelines set by the policies/procedures regarding the service of food and beverage.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly and must be able to evaluate and select among alternative course of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations and maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by guests and fellow associates.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions to carry out cashiering functions in closing checks and servicing the guest and use the POS/Micros system in the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with property standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
These are what the job requires:
- Abide by payroll policies, procedures (punch in/punch out), Meals and Rest Periods policy and Springboard Hospitality Rules of Conduct.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all hotel safety and security procedures as required maintaining a secure and safe environment for employees as well as guests.
- Report any unusual occurrences and/or request to the General Manager.
- Read and abide by all the regulations and rules of conduct stated in the employee handbook.
These are what the job requires:
Education: High school diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred
Experience: Prior restaurant /suite server experience desirable
Skills and Abilities: Must be able to communicate in English
outgoing personality with an even disposition
Ability to meet standards of appearance
Can communicate well with guests