Snowbasin Resort believes that people are at the center of everything we do, from caring for our employees and guests, to serving the communities where we live. We are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in hiring, training, and career advancement. Building a community that is respectful and kind towards one another is who we are.
Hourly wage: $15.00 – $26.00
Ski/Snowboard Instructors will serve as a professional representative of Snowbasin Resort. They will be a member of an interdependent team dedicated to creating the best possible environment for taking and teaching a ski or snowboard lesson. Not only will instructors work with students, but also with guests and other employees, fulfilling the guest service orientation Snowbasin Resort both on and off the job.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Recognizes that service is our product and helping guests have great vacations is our primary job.
2. Maintains safety and skier/snowboarder responsibility as top priority while skiing/riding and teaching.
3. Instructs group and private lessons of varying ability levels, as assigned.
4. Instructs students of any age, sex and learning ability, as assigned.
5. Makes continued effort to improve personal skiing/riding skills, teaching skills and knowledge.
6. Serves as a public relations representative for Snowbasin Resort, both on and off the job.
7. Greets and assists guests in a friendly, helpful, respectful manner.
8. Provides “little extras” to guests, such as giving directions and resort information.
9. Remembers that a smile and a friendly, helping hand can make a guest’s vacation.
10. LISTENS to guest’s needs and concerns.
11. Reads and complies with Snowbasin Employee Handbook and Ski /Snowboard procedures, including grooming, dress and behavior standards.
12. Responsible for all information from Ski and Snowboard School bulletin boards, weekly notes and required meetings.
13. Supplies personal ski and board equipment and maintains it in a safe, functional and attractive condition.
14. Appreciates that teamwork is essential for the success of the guests, Snowsports Department and Resort.
15. Cooperates with all Resort employees and co-workers in the performance of their duties.
16. Maintains good humor and cooperative attitude in all dealings with guests, co-workers and supervisors.
17. Looks for ways to better serve the guests, Snowsports Department and Resort.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO SAFETY:
1. Promote the health and safety of yourself, your co-workers, and Snowbasin Resort guests at all times.
2. Promptly report any potentially harmful equipment or situations to your immediate supervisor and/or appropriate department(s).
3. Report health and safety-related accidents, incidents, and near-misses at once to your immediate supervisor and appropriate department(s), following procedures.
4. Follow all company and department Health & Safety policies and procedures as outlined in the Snowbasin Resort Employee Handbook, and department specific materials.
5. Operate equipment in a manner that will not lead to injury of yourself or others.
6. Drive in accordance with the law and Snowbasin Resort policies, whether in personal or company vehicle.
7. Ensure personal health and wellness by staying home when ill, and report to supervisor if an absence is necessary.
NOTE: This job description shall not be construed as a contract for employment. Snowbasin Resort is an at-will employer. As a prerequisite to employment, a criminal background check is required. Results of a background check are not automatic grounds for disqualification.
Related Jobs (2)
Kimball Junction Hotel Ski Rental Technician ($20/HR) on November 10, 2022 Seasonal