Sorrel River Ranch is a Four Diamond luxury guest ranch located along the scenic Colorado River surrounded by 2,000-foot high cliffs, buttes and mesas. This exclusive 240-acre riverside oasis is 17 miles from Moab, 21 miles from Arches National Park and 43 miles from Canyonlands National Park.
JJ’s Mercantile, located along scenic Highway 128, is a country store reminiscent of days gone by. A one-stop-shop for groceries from farm-fresh vegetables, eggs and butter to daily made bread, treats, snacks and necessities along with curated gifts, camping gear and Sorrel River Ranch and JJ’s Mercantile branded tees and more.
We are looking for a hard-working Steward to be responsible for ensuring all sanitation standards are met. The Steward will attend to customer needs, assist wait staff, ensure all stations are well stocked, and assist in keeping all areas clean and sanitary. You will clean and put away dishes, clean floors and food preparation areas, refill supplies, wipe tables, and take out the trash.
To be successful as a Steward, you should be committed to working hard, and have the physical stamina to be on your feet and moving for the duration of your shifts. You should be friendly and helpful to customers and have strong team working skills.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcoming customers, seating them, serving them water or refilling their glasses, and delivering beverages.
- Cleaning and setting tables and placing seasonal decorations, candles, and table cloths.
- Keeping menus clean and presenting them to customers.
- Stocking wait staff serving stations with napkins, utensils, trays, and condiments, and assisting staff with all aspects of service.
- Clearing tables and preparing them for the next customers.
- Assisting in cleaning and opening or closing tasks.
- Scraping food from dirty dishes, pots, pans, plates, flatware, and glasses, washing dirty dishes, and putting them away.
- Assisting with sweeping, mopping, and polishing.
- Transporting used linen to or from the laundry or housekeeping section.
- Assisting with unloading and storing stock.
- Prior experience with cooking and food preparation preferred.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- A friendly, polite, and courteous nature.
- Strong customer service and team working skills.
- Physical stamina to work long hours on your feet.
- The flexibility to work shifts, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
We have limited rental housing available on a first come, first served basis. Starting rate of pay will be based on level of experience.We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered. Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://recruitingbypaycor.com/career/JobIntroduction.action?clientId=8a7883d072098b0f01720e633618006e&id=8a7883c67239c8440172575b13811195&source=&lang=en