This position is responsible for proactively soliciting and managing strategic relationships within designated segments and accounts for 6 Marriott (Residence Inn, Courtyard, SpringHill Suites, Fairfield Inn, TownePlace Suites) and 3 Hilton (Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Tru) hotels between Murray and Draper. This will require researching, soliciting and qualifying business opportunities and places business in the appropriate hotel to maximize each revenue opportunity.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Proven leadership skills in supervising and managing associates
- Hotel sales experience
- Account management experience
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Identifies and solicits new accounts within assigned vertical markets
- Proactively identifies, qualifies new accounts whose business opportunities meet hotels criteria
- Facilitates business transient pricing for assigned accounts in partnership with the GMs, Revenue Management and Corporate support team
- Manages and deploys sales resources to close the best opportunities for each property based on market conditions and individual property needs.
- Interprets market data to execute group sales strategies
- Understand the overall market (i.e. economic trends, supply and demand)
- Verifies that business booked is within hotel parameters
- Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery in accordance with brand standards.
Managing & Engaging in Sales Activities
- Conducts and coordinates site inspections for hotels as required.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date customer, account and opportunity data in CRM (Amadeus)
- Engages in property related events that support the development of existing and new accounts (i.e. The Mix, Breakfast)
- Understands competitor’s strengths and weaknesses and effectively sells against them
- Works collaboratively with Area Director of Sales, Account Executives, Group Sales Manager, Sales Coordinators, to establish coordinated sales activities that are complementary, and not duplicative.
Building Successful Relationships
- Conducts targeted account research to determine potential
- Develops and implements the overall account strategy
- Penetrates assigned accounts for group, transient, and extended stay business
- Participates in community and hotel networking events (Chamber of Commerce, CVB, Associations, etc.)
- Partners closely with the Area Sales leadership to successfully close group business by aligning customer preferences with the hotels’ sales strategies.
- Monitors the transfer of accurate, complete, and timely information to Sales Coordinators and Event Management resources
- Deliver information and communicate clearly to General Managers
- Implements process improvements and best practices.
- Communication-coordinates with hotels, updates hotels on the status of their accounts and pending business
- Medical + HSA or FSA
- 401K Employer Match
- Paid Time Off starting on first day
- Free Life & Accident Insurances
- Awesome worldwide travel discounts
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://woodburycorporation.careerplug.com/j/0nepg2
Related Jobs (7)
Sales Coordinator at SpringHill Suites Sugar House on January 25, 2023 Full Time