The Sheraton Park City is looking for a seasoned hotel manager to join our amazing team here in Park City as an Assistant General Manager! This is a great opportunity for someone who is a strong leader who wants to move up in the business.
Assists in the Management of the hotel operation to ensure efficient and profitable operations. Ensures guest satisfaction of all outlets by maintaining and managing the highest standards of products and services while maximizing profitability through cost and labor control. In the absence of the General Manager, acts as the General Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
This description is a summary of primary responsibilities and qualifications. The job description is not intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future. The Hotel operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting times, and hours worked in a week.
• Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with DHM core values.
• Oversee hotel departments to ensure an optimal level of service and hospitality are provided to hotel guests.
• Assist the GM in preparation of forecasts and reports and assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of the budget to maximize revenue and minimize expenses while ensuring adequate supplies and staff are on hand to provide top quality customer service.
• Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and brand standards and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
• Resolve customer complaints, and anticipate potential problems by reviewing and monitoring operational issues, business flow and associate performance.
• Oversee and ensure internal audit standards are met.
• Interact with the sales staff to discuss and implement sales strategies to continually improve occupancy levels and revenues.
• Monitor and maintain the front office systems and equipment to ensure optimum performance.
• Create specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely action plans to remedy guest service deficiencies.
• Assist in recruiting, hiring, supervising, training, assessing and evaluating, coaching and counseling and recognizing and rewarding department heads
• Oversee service quality, operational efficiency, guest satisfaction, standards compliance and service and financial measurement
• Perform other duties as requested by management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
The Hotel may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below, when applicable
• Minimum of 4+ years hotel management experience of Department Head or above.
• Full Service Hotel Experience
• The candidate will have the ability to create a profitable culture of accountability and have a proven track record of building a cohesive team while facilitating the accomplishment of goals.
• Requires proven managerial skill as position involves frequent decisions, meeting of deadline, negotiations of contracts of vendors, analytical ability and the planning, organization development and coordination of large scale work projects.
• Excellent verbal and written English communication and listening skills.
• Ability to read and communicate verbally and in writing and prepare complex occupancy reports.
• Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint with an understanding of the hotel systems preferred.
• Must have financial management skills including the ability to understand P&L statements, manage operating budgets, forecasting, and scheduling. .
• Ability to stand and move throughout front office and continuously performs essential job functions.
• Lifting up to 25 pounds maximum.
• Occasional twisting, bending, stooping, reaching, standing, walking.
• Frequent talking, hearing, seeing and smiling.
Apply on hotel’s jobs siteUtah