Promontory Club is private, high-end mountain club located in Park City, Utah, catering to a multi-generational membership with robust amenities and world class golf. Promontory has received universal acclaim as a destination where life’s greatest moments naturally play out thanks to its unrivaled depth and breadth of extraordinary family experiences. This established community – which spans more than 11 square miles – features an investment of more than $400 million in exceptional and award-winning amenities for every season.
Promontory is currently operating two courses and a third course opening in 2023. The courses include a Pete Dye Canyon course, a Jack Nicklaus Painted Valley Signature course, and opening in 2023 a Forrest Richardson designed Promontory Hills course.
We are seeking an Assistant Superintendent for the Pete Dye Canyon course. We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, positive person with an eye for detail that works well in a team atmosphere. The individual will report to the Director of Agronomy and Superintendent who oversees the course.
Duties Include but not limited to–
- Ensuring the playability of the course at the high standards set for a Pete Dye course.
- Assists the superintendent with morning job assignments and meetings.
- Fertilizer and pesticide applications and record keeping.
- Assist with safety programs, training, and record keeping.
- Management and repair of the irrigation system as well as water conservation initiatives.
- Recruit, train and supervise the golf maintenance staff.
- Must have a working knowledge of mower operations, utility carts, tractors, spreaders, and small equipment.
- Coordinate with the Equipment Manager to repair, clean, paint, and refurbish equipment.
- Winter work consists of snow removal and equipment maintenance projects.
Must have 2- or 4-year degree in turf grass management along with 3 plus years of golf course experience. Prior staff management a plus but not necessary. Spanish a plus but not necessary.
$55,000 – $65,000 and is benefit eligible for health, dental, vision, vacation, and year-end bonus.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=74374&clientkey=4B2EBB4300805C064213B9E430C96718&jpt=0c171bdfe6de20fd55f0d6a5a3291665