The Back Server provides friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests. The Back Server aids front servers in the prompt delivery and removal of food and beverage items. Also, refills water glasses and keeps server station clean, organized and replenished.
What you will do:
- Greets and informs guests of specials and menu changes. Meets all guest needs during the meal in order to achieve a positive dining experience for the guest. Takes fast and appropriate action to solve problems. Handles guest concerns in a professional manner. Maintains line of communication between Restaurant Manager, Host/Hostess, Kitchen and Bar.
- Ensures standards of appearance and sanitation are maintained on a daily basis. Maintains good safety practices of employees and guests throughout the property. Follows state policies and regulations for serving alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner.
- Participates in on-going employee training. Takes part in all sales goals and incentive programs.
- Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
What we are looking for:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1-2 years of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Food Handler Permit, Tips Cert, Sheriff Work Card.
- Must demonstrate competency in reading, writing and arithmetic.
- Must demonstrate ability to learn menus, recipes and wine lists.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in handling large sums of money in a self-banking environment.
- Must demonstrate ability to multi-task, i.e., handle several tables at once while maintaining interactions between the restaurant, kitchen and bar.
- Requires some exercise of judgment within policy guidelines and without supervisory approval.
- Requires some problem solving and initiation of activities within job description and responsibility limitations.
- Requires strong understanding of other Snowbird operations.
- Specific Shift: 3:00pm – close, must be able to work any day of the week including weekends and holidays. Schedules vary based on business levels.
- Must be prepared to stay overnight if necessary, on occasional times of road closures.
- May experience unusual stress from high business volumes, deadlines, continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
- Must be able to lift 25+ lbs.
- Must be able to carry trays and other items needed for service.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
- Work is subject to frequent interruptions making continuity and accuracy difficult, frequent exposure to noise.
Snowbird is a world-renowned ski and summer resort just 6 miles up Little Cottonwood Canyon. Here, winter enthusiasts experience all types of mountain terrain which can be enjoyed by every level of skier and snowboarder. Guests can sharpen their skills at our topflight mountain school, go for a backcountry snow-cat tour or enjoy an exhilarating heli-ski adventure. Snowbird offers 4 hotels, 15 restaurants, conference facilities, summer activities, Oktoberfest and a full-service spa, all surrounded by spectacular granite peaks – making Snowbird a world-class destination.
Snowbird’s ambition is to provide unique big mountain experiences that grow the committed Snowbird family. This includes both our team members and our guests. By helping everyone experience what makes Snowbird unique and special, the environment, the mountain, the canyon, and the people. In this way they make memories for a lifetime, “memories that match our mountain.”
Why make the move to Snowbird:
· Snowbird is a year-round resort offering full-time, part-time and seasonal positions. Working at Snowbird requires flexibility, enthusiasm, and a willingness to help your fellow team members in any situation.
· Snowbird has three priorities above all else: team members, guests, and the environment. Happy, motivated team members result in happy, satisfied guests, all working and playing in an environment unlike any place in the world.
Perks & Benefits:
- Employee ski pass and ski benefits for qualified partner and dependents
- 3 complimentary & ten half-price lift tickets for friends and family
- Employee-only ski days
- Free lift tickets at all Powdr Corp. resorts* and free access to Woodward Park City*
- 10 Complimentary All-Day Activities Passes during the summer*
- 10 complimentary scenic Tram rides
- 50% off food at Snowbird eateries for employees
- Six free Mountain School lessons per season
- Up to 50% off rental gear and repair services*
- Available medical, dental, vision and accident insurance – benefits are available based on position and are subject to change
- Up to 50% off lodging for employees, friends & family*, if available
- 20% off Cliff Spa services
- Subaru VIP Program: $1000 – $3000 off MSRP
- Superior Child Care: special rates on full-day and any 4-hours
- Free transportation to work: UTA Buss and Rideshare Vans, Canyon Transportation vans and Employee Blue Shuttles
* Additional discounts and perks are available. All are subject to change and restrictions may apply.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the role. We require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired and comply with our professional appearance, drug & alcohol, and employee conduct policies.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.snowbird.com/jobs/
Related Jobs (29)
Barista – Starbucks on June 7, 2023 Part Time Full Time
F&B Admin Assistant on June 4, 2023 Full Time
Restaurant Service Manager on June 4, 2023 Full Time
Asst Restaurant Manager on June 4, 2023
Food & Beverage Manager on June 1, 2023 Full Time
Restaurant Manager on June 1, 2023 Full Time
Food and Beverage Manager – Promontory Club on May 27, 2023 Full Time
Restaurant Bartender on May 26, 2023 Full Time Part Time Seasonal
Chef de Cuisine – Promontory Club – Full time on May 25, 2023 Full Time