Job Title: Convention Services Manager
FLSA: Full-time, Exempt
Reports To: Managing Director, Services & Events
Salary: DOE $48,000 Salary, plus bonus.
Coordination of all destination services for assigned definite accounts, assists in site inspections as needed. Coordinates and assists with the implementation of specific attendance promotion programs, and creates a support network of stakeholders to ensure client’s needs can be met and exceeded by all destination service providers.
- Works to fully understand the client’s goals and objective for a successful meeting, and creates a specific services plan to ensure client’s goals can be met and exceeded
- Execute successful VSL and client events as assigned
- Account responsibility as assigned by Managing Director, Services & Events
- Work as a liaison between destination service providers and client
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service in order to provide client with the best overall experience
- Prepare Site Inspection Itineraries and accompany groups on meeting planner visits
- Manage Downtown Alliance Street Banner program in CRM
- Conduct Attendance Promotion trips as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Reports directly to Managing Director, Services & Events. Works closely with Services, Convention Sales team and other Visit Salt Lake staff. Also works with hotel sales and services staff and the Salt Palace Convention Center staff.
- 5 years of direct service-related support work in a destination marketing organization or hospitality industry.
- Strong and consistent ability to prioritize activities, and to handle multiple responsibilities within a specific time frame.
- Possess excellent written, oral, and grammatical communication skills.
- Willing and able to work evenings, weekends and holidays based on client and office demands.
- Good working knowledge of computers, Microsoft Office software, and general office equipment.
- Experience with SimpleView CRM and MINT
Insurance: medical, dental, life, long term disability. 401(k) plan, Vacation, Sick, and major holidays PTO.
Application: Submit cover letter & resume to: Steve Gertsch: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday May 28.
CitySalt Lake City