The Homewood Suites by Hilton in South Salt Lake/Draper, Utah is now hiring for a Hotel Director of Sales! If you have sales experience for an extended stay or select service brand and are knowledgeable about the South Valley market apply today and come grow with us!
Apply your competitive spirit and ability to influence others to solidify great partnerships! As a Director of Sales, you will motivate your team and lead by example to uncover and close new business. Your ability to connect with people in a meaningful way and your endless drive for meeting goals will both contribute to increased market share and positive financial results for the hotel.
As a Director of Sales, you will
- Hire, train, coach, and mentor all members of the sales team.
- Solicit, negotiate and book new business through proactive direct sales efforts.
- Build on existing relationships to maintain and grow our current customer and account base.
- Capture your client’s vision and effectively convey their needs and requests within the hotel.
- Respond to all client inquiries, requests and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Develop rapport with key industry players in the community, including the local Convention & Visitor’s Bureau.
- Meet or exceed weekly sales call goals to maintain your sales pipeline and monitor sales activity of the team to ensure they are focusing on the right business opportunities.
- Plan for success by participating in weekly sales meetings, recording and taking action on future traces for accounts, customers and events, writing action plans and by preparing the annual marketing plan.
- Assist with financial reporting and other information as requested by management and/or owners.
- Support the goals of the hotel through teamwork and collaboration with all departments.
Previous hospitality sales experience for a Hilton Select Service or any Extended Stay brand is required. Local area knowledge is also key so we will not be considering relocation for this position.
To be successful in this role, you need strong verbal and written communication skills. You must be able to drive, read, write, type and use various forms of technology and reporting to discern and track sales records and financial data. Occasional overnight travel is required.
Potential Advancement Opportunities:
Area Director of Sales
InnVentures is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, disability or any other protected class under federal, state or local law.
Apply on hotel’s jobs siteEmail Resume