The Event Coordinator works in the Conference Services department of the University Guest House & Conference Center, developing client relations and working with conference groups. Interprets policies and advises clients on the application of regulations.
A generous benefits package is included – some of which are 14.2% employer retirement contribution in addition to employee contributions, paid parental leave (in addition to FMLA), 11 paid holidays per year plus vacation and sick accruals each month, health insurance options, tuition reduction for employees and family members, and more. For full description of benefits package: https://benefits.utah.edu/
- Develops new prospects and interacts with existing customers to increase sales for the University Guest House & Conference Center.
- Requires a positive attitude and must have the ability to work effectively as part of a team, provides outstanding customer service.
- Develops client relations, orally and written.
- Establishes client needs, recommends site location, equipment, advertising, staffing, long and short-term goal setting, purchasing and accounting.
- Writes and edits conference & group contracts/agreements.
- May assign, direct and review work of support staff.
- Monitors on-site progress of events.
- Ensures the day-to-day activities and events of the conference are on schedule and properly organized.
- Works with Conference Operations, Maintenance, and Housekeeping staff to ensure meeting spaces are set up, operational, and clean for incoming conference groups.
- Maintains numerous files and records.
- Oversees daily program operations and coordinates program activities.
- Develops and implements program goals and objectives.
- Monitors program quality and effectiveness and research improvement methods.
- Establishes program budget; monitors and approves related expenditures and ensures budget goals are met.
- Advises staff, students and others regarding program policies, goals and related technical issues.
- Prepares reports, financial statements and records on program status and progress for management and outside agencies.
- Other tasks as assigned.
One year of conference management experience preferred.
Applicants must apply through the University of Utah job website. Quick link: https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/154405
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/154405