JOB TITLE: Events & Project Coordinator
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Conference Center Manager
DEPARTMENT: SLC Conference Centers and Reception Services
The Conference Coordinator will interact closely with the Firm’s executives and administrative staff to ensure the seamless planning and coordination of meetings, conferences and other events held at Goldman Sachs locations in Salt Lake City.
KEY JOB DUTIES:
The Conference coordinator is responsible for:
* Handling meeting room bookings, utilizing the reservation system (EMS) and focusing on the strategic assignment of meeting space so as to maximize utilization.
* Sending initial confirmations in connection with bookings and following up at specified intervals prior to the event to confirm the current status of the meeting, the accuracy of participant counts, the need for special equipment, etc.
* Coordinating a wide range of services for meetings which have been booked, including Audio Visual requirements, food and beverage requests, conference room set-ups, signage, distribution of materials, etc.
* Conferring with clients before, during and after their events, maintaining a positive relationship and responding to inquiries and requests in a timely manner.
* Communicating to all relevant internal departments and subcontractors the specific needs of the client, both in advance of and during the course of meetings.
* Producing Event Resumes/BEO’s in order to document events and share detailed information with all involved departments.
* Carrying out daily “call-arounds” for next-day events, getting final confirmation of the meeting’s time, number of participants, Audio Visual presentation materials, menus, room set-up, billing information, etc.
* Participating in daily and weekly Planning Meetings, reviewing the details of events which he or she has been working on, answering questions from staff members, and discussing relevant logistical matters.
* Participating in “pre-con” meetings involving the client, as well as relevant members of the operations staff, when plans for complex and/or large scale events are being finalized.
* Participating in “post-conference/debrief” feedback sessions with the client and relevant members of the operations staff, so as to obtain first-hand comments on certain complex, critical and/or large scale events.
* Obtaining correct approval and billing information for all expense related activity to include; food and beverage, equipment rentals, etc. Monitoring the accuracy of any such charges.
* Entering complete cancellation details into the reservation system (EMS) confirming any meeting cancellations to the client by e-mail and applying cancellation charges as appropriate.
* Working with the client and the Foodservice Director to plan standard and special food and beverage events, documenting such events within the reservation system (EMS).
* Quickly identifying booking conflicts or potential booking conflicts, suggesting solutions and if not immediately resolved, discussing such conflicts with the Conference Center Manager/GS Manager.
* Checking that meeting rooms are set-up correctly, with the proper equipment and amenities, prior to the start of meetings. Greeting the host upon his or her arrival to the meeting room and ascertaining any new requests.
* Responding to numerous phone calls and emails with new meeting requests and special “add-on” information for existing meetings.
* Conducting facility site inspections on a monthly basis to ensure pristine condition and maintenance of the property.
* Conducting facility tours for prospective clients.
* Providing lunchtime and other short-term coverage for members of the Receptionist staff.
* Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and juggle many tasks simultaneously.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Strong computer skills and knowledge of office technology/equipment.
* Full knowledge of the conference center reservation system (EMS).
* Ability to work calmly and effectively in stressful situations.
* Exceptional client service skills to exceed expectations
* Punctual, dependable and dedicated to achieving operational excellence, down to the smallest of details.
* Discreet, ethical and committed to maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
* Excelling as a team member, with a passion for delivering the Platinum Service® standard and focused on total customer satisfaction.
* Maintaining a consistently professional approach, with a willingness to take ownership and responsibility both within and outside one’s job domain.
* A college graduate with two years of conference planning experience in a conference center or corporate environment.
CitySalt Lake City
Related Jobs (39)
Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn MARRIOTT Provo South University on September 27, 2022 Full Time
Starbucks Barista on September 25, 2022