Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
DoubleTree by Hilton Salt Lake City Airport
$500 hiring bonus after 90 days!
Front Desk Manager
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of related experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year of related experience.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Must have a valid driver’s license from the applicable state.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Respond to all guest requests problems complaints and/or accidents presented at the Front Desk or through Reservations in an attentive courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Motivate coach counsel and discipline all Front Desk personnel according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.’s.
- Ensure compliance to brand and company training using the steps to effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Prepare and conduct all Front Desk interviews and follow hiring procedures according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.’s.
- Conduct all 90 day and annual Front Desk employee performance appraisals according to S.O.P.’s.
- Develop employee morale and ensure training of Front Desk personnel.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyze rate efficiency monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count.
- Attend all required Rooms Merchandizing meetings with all appropriate reports and documentation necessary to establish select sell guidelines and implement appropriate restrictions.
- Supervise the Night Audit function and monitor the House Charge Worksheet and Flash Report for accuracy.
- Participate in required M.O.D. program as scheduled.
- Be responsible for developing a manager as assigned by the Corporate Office including sign-off on all competencies and assist in his/her placement.
- Ensure all end of the month report dates are met i.e. Central Reservations Market Segment AAdvantage Travel Agent check registers etc.
- Review Front Desk staff’s worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to Accounting on a timely basis.
- Prepare employee Schedule according to business forecast payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements. Present with Wage Progress Report to General Manager weekly.
- Ensure that no-show revenue is maximized through consistent and accurate billing.
- Maintain Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.’s regarding Purchase Orders vouchering of invoices and checkbook accounting.
- Ensure that Wage Progress Productivity and the Ten Day Forecast are completed on a timely basis according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.’s.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers employees and other departments.
- Work closely with Accounting on follow-up items i.e. returned checks rejected credit cards employee discrepancies etc.
- Operate all aspects of the Front Office computer system including software maintenance report generation and analysis and simple programming.
- Monitor proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that employees maintain Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.’s in its use.
- Monitor the process of taking reservations ensuring that Aimbridge Hospitality courtesy and up selling techniques are maintained.
- Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.’s.
- Ensure implementation of all Aimbridge Hospitality policies and house rules.
- Understand hospitality terms.
- Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff. Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within the department.
- Coordinate all aspects of the ongoing implementation of the Aimbridge Hospitality philosophy of service.
- Ensure correct and accurate cash handling at the Front Desk.
- Attend monthly all-employee team meetings and any other functions required by management.
- Attend weekly staff meeting and provide training on a rotational basis using steps to effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages packages and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Be aware of all rates packages and promotions currently underway.
- Follow and enforce all Aimbridge Hospitality hotel credit policies.
- Process and handle guest laundry (property specific).
- Ensure that employees are at all times attentive friendly helpful and courteous to all guests managers and other employees.
- Maintain and monitor ‘Lost and Found’ procedures and policies according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Establish and maintain key control system.
- Ensure participation wihin department for monthly Aimbridge team meeting.
- Focus the Front Desk Department on their role in contributing to the guest service scores.
- Monitor all V.I.P.’s special guests and requests.
- Maintain required pars of all front office and stationary supplies.
- Review daily Front Office work and activity reports generated by Night Audit.
- Review Front Office log book and Guest Request log on a daily basis.
- Assist the General Manager and Engineering Department in implementing and maintaining emergency procedures.
- Be familiar with all corporate sponsored programs such as airline mileage Triple Upgrade or V.I.P. programs and the standards and procedures for each.
- Maintain an organized and comprehensive filing system with documentation of purchases vouchering schedules forecasts reports and tracking logs.
- Conduct meetings according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by management.
- Other duties as required.
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://careers-aimbridge.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchRelation=keyword_all&searchCompany=133093&mobile=false&width=1458&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-420&jun1offset=-360