The Front Desk Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Front Desk Manager and/or General Manager while providing attentive courteous and efficient service to all guests prior to arrival and throughout their stay. He/she is also responsible for maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
- At least 2 to 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required. High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license for the applicable state.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to work well in stressful high pressure situations including ability to handle guest objections and disputes to satisfactory results.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Approach all encounters with guests and associates in a friendly service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Set the standard for guest relations at the Front Desk.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations.
- Monitor all V.I.P. and special guest requests.
- Review Front Office log and Trace File daily.
- Fully comprehend and execute all relevant phases of the front desk computer system.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages packages and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Be aware of all rates packages and promotions currently underway.
- Be familiar with all in-house groups.
- Be aware of all closed out and restricted dates.
- Follow and enforce all Aimbridge Hospitality hotel credit policies.
- Be able to perform all duties of Front Desk Agent.
- Be able to complete and ensure that a proper bucket check room rate verification report and housekeeping report have been accurately done and filed.
- Maintain proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that all Aimbridge Hospitality standards are met.
- Establish and maintain good communications and teamwork with fellow associates and other departments within the hotel (set example for other associates be the team leader).
- Assist the G.S.M. in ensuring that associates are following and maintaining Aimbridge Hospitality standards (i.e. answering phones call-backs to guests guest request log).
- Have knowledge of and assist in all emergency procedures as required.
- Oversee and ensure that all guests are checked in/out in a friendly efficient and courteous manner.
- Be able to perform complete and ensure that all tasks and duties on the shift checklist are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure that associates are at all times attentive friendly helpful and courteous to all guests managers and all other associates.
- Ensure the maximization of room revenue through Rooms Merchandising.
- Answer all guest inquiries in a timely and professional nature.
- Be involved in departmental meeting planning and execution.
- Help maintain productivity levels at or above budgeted standards.
- Perform any other duty as required by management.
- Assist in training of new hires and current associates on a regular basis.
- Attend meetings as required by management.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more details
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://careers-aimbridge.icims.com/jobs/195169/front-desk-supervisor--%24200-sign-on-bonus-%26-daily-pay/job?mode=view&mobile=false&width=663&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-420&jun1offset=-360