Role Objective: Front Office Supervisors preserve the positive guest experience by providing leadership to our front office staff. You take ownership in supervising, administering, and influencing our front office staff to be positive, friendly, and warm. Your focus is to ensure that the quality and execution of our guest experience is unique and memorable for each and every guest.
Reports To: General Manager
- Supervises and coordinates the operation of the Front Office department.
- Supervises the assignment of rooms; pre-blocks and assigns all V.I.P. and special room requests on a daily basis.
- Promotes cooperation between the Front Office and all other departments.
- Coordinates with the Housekeeping department in all pertinent information to ensure a smooth running operation.
- Controls all guests’ vouchers and accuracy of the room or guests’ folios.
- Aids guests with inquiries, requests, and complaints.
- Requisitions supplies and equipment for the Front Office and maintains a monthly inventory of the supplies.
- Schedules all personnel in the department.
- Coaches/counsels artists in the department regarding various problems. Disciplines subordinates when necessary.
- Helps to develop management talent by acting as a mentor for direct reports.
- Maintains records of personnel performance, attendance, labor cost, sickness, and overtime in the department.
- Participates in interviewing and in training new artists in the Front Office Department.
- Ensures that the hotel’s credit policies are adhered to, reviews credit limit report daily and resolves all discrepancies.
- Maintains and operates the PMS system. Ensures that all problems are logged correctly in the system logbook.
- Ensures that the hotel is sold efficiently by front office staff; cooperates with Director of Sales and Reservations Manager in maximizing hotel’s occupancy and rooms revenue.
- Maintains the Front Office information manual to ensure that desk staff are dated regularly on new policies or special information.
- Ensures all brand standards are followed accurately.
- Ensures that front desk log is utilized and that all proposals, contracts, etc., are properly logged.
- Ensures the proper use, security, and maintenance of deposit boxes.
- Exercises the hotel’s policies and procedures in reference to the aforementioned points.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two year in equivalent position or as Front Desk Agent.
- Extensive knowledge of hotel property management systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have command of the English language, written and verbal.
- Must be able to organize time effectively and work flexible and extended hours if necessary.
- Must be able to work flexible days and hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Basic mathematical skills for report/forecast preparation and other calculations.
- Must be proficient and experienced with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) software programs and preferably hospitality software.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time (90 percent of shift).
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Good hearing and vision with or without corrective lenses.
- Customer/Client Focus
- Time Management
- Teamwork Oriented
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers, to handle and feel objects, tools controls and type; talk with and hear guests. The staff member is required to stand and walk. The staff member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The specific vision abilities required are close vision.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the artist for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.