Looking for a responsible, detail-oriented, hotel General Manager (GM). A GM has the responsibility of managing all day-to-day operations of the hotel, including maintaining operations, building rapport in the community, and creating a vision that inspires our team. GM’s will ensure the highest guest satisfaction through product quality and service our guests receive. GM’s should have an outgoing personality, helping to drive sales locally for the property and help the sales team with national marketing campaigns. Team development is a key factor to our success and a strong track record of team building is expected. Prior experience in all phases of hotel management, such as local/national sales & marketing, HR, rooms, maintenance, housekeeping, and budgeting is strongly encouraged.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
- Oversee day-to-day operations
- Design strategy and set goals for growth
- Maintain budgets and optimize expenses
- Set policies and processes
- Ensure employees work productively and develop professionally
- Oversee recruitment and training of new employees
- Evaluate and improve operations and financial performance
- Prepare regular reports for upper management
- Ensure staff follows health and safety regulations
- Provide solutions to issues (e.g. profit decline, employee conflicts, loss of business to competitors)
- Proven experience as a General Manager or similar executive role
- Working knowledge of Marriott systems including Lightspeed preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Knowledge of Accounting software, Database software; Internet software; Inventory software; Order processing systems; Payroll systems, Spreadsheet software, and Word Processing software.
- Ability to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.