Guest Service Agent
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide Distinguished Hospitality that aligns with the pillars our mission statement.
- Operate reservation, property management and credit card systems, following all safety and security procedures.
- Maintain accurate cash sheet. Responsible for cash drawer balancing.
- Operate phone system and disperse calls as required by your shift. Take guest messages and faxes with accuracy, always noting the date and time of message.
- Know emergency procedures and how to respond.
- Never say a guest’s room number or personal information out loud.
- Be knowledgeable of hotel promotions.
- Know daily room rate, room types, hotel amenities, and local attractions, shops and restaurants.
- Complete daily reports, audits correspondences etc. as required by your shift.
- Keep lobby and office area clean at all times,
- Set wake-up calls as dictated by your shift.
- Lock and secure area if leaving the front desk.
- Create incident reports for guest injuries / issues when required.
- Ensure all calls are answered timely and in a “scripted” manner.
- Take and record reservations with accuracy. Confirm as requested.
- Resolve guest complaints to exceed expectations.
- Maintains regular attendance, is consistently on time, and observes prescribed work, break and meal periods in compliance with standards.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance, hygiene and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Relevant related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to speak English fluently.
- Ability to interpret and perform basic computer and POS system functions.
Equal access to programs, service, and employment is available to all persons. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, marital or veteran status, physical or mental disability, arrest record, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local laws. We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://apply.jobappnetwork.com/clients/15596/posting/6474284/en?city=Ogden&keywordsFilter=&utm_source=careerpage