Greet guests sincerely and professionally, and seat according to their needs, optimizing current restaurant demand and serving flow. Maintains a calm, welcoming host stand while multitasking various tasks in support of restaurant service. Take reservations and maintain a reservation schedule. Assist with Food and Beverage tasks as assigned. Within that, the host provides a personal introduction to Blue Sky’s culinary offerings and crucial support to other food and beverage staff in influencing guest satisfaction. It is essential that all associates extend service in a professional, friendly, courteous, efficient, and timely fashion.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain complete knowledge of :
- Restaurant, bar, and pool bar layout, table/seat/station numbers, proper table set-ups, room capacity, hours of operation, price range, and dress code.
- Daily house count, arrivals/departures, VIPs.
- Scheduled in-house group activities, locations, and times.
- Hotel extension numbers.
- Beeper/radio numbers carried by hotel personnel.
- Features and services provided by the hotel.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies and service procedures,
- Prepare station chart and assign stations to staff following departmental procedures.
- Guide servers, assistant servers, and bus persons in table set-up need to ensure optimum service to the guests.
- Take, record, and confirm restaurant reservations/cancellations as specified in departmental standards.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Periodically check with the Front Desk to review updates on house count and arrivals.
- Greet and acknowledge all arriving guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Escort guests to tables and assist in seating at tables, present menus, and extend congenialities in accordance with department guidelines.
- Accommodate all requests for information courteously.
- Communicate VIP arrivals and special requests to designated personnel for follow up.
- Inspect table set-ups; check for cleanliness, neatness, and agreement to departmental standards; relay deficiencies to respective personnel.
- Inspect the restaurant environment and entrance area, ensuring compliance with standards of cleanliness and order. Rectify any deficiencies; maintain cleanliness at all times.
- Set up Host(ess) station with necessary supplies; maintain cleanliness at all times. Report shortages to the manager.
- Review the reservation book, pre-assign designated tables, and follow up on all special requests.
- Inspect condition and cleanliness of menus and wine lists; ensure designated amounts are inserted into each menu. Update menus and wine lists as changes occur.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day. Promote positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond accurately to any guest inquiry.
- Handle guest complaints by following the five-step procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor guest reactions and confer frequently with service staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Extend courteous departures as guests leave the restaurant.
- Answer outlet phone within 3 rings, using correct salutations and telephone etiquette.
- Be familiar with the POS system and assist the manager in transferring bar checks to the restaurant.
- Perform coat check duties.
- Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and submit them to the manager.
- Complete all closing side duties as assigned.
- Assist in setting up of the restaurant to ensure optimum service to the guests.
- Take record and relay messages in accordance with standards.
- Attend menu and wine tastings as scheduled.
- Attend all restaurant staff meetings as scheduled
Standard Specifications: Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees, or guests.
- A genuine affinity for interacting meaningfully and positively with guests.
- Experience providing service in a fine dining environment.
- (Required)1-year experience in a busy dining room or restaurant
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guest, management, and co-workers to their understanding
- Previous training in liquor, wine, and foodservice.
- (Desirable) Ability to communicate in a second language, preferably Spanish
- Computer training on P.O.S. system
- Prior training in guest relations.
- Ability to maintain calm during busy periods and treat our guests and our colleagues with respect, and work hard together to deliver the highest quality of service to all.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Professional, polished service, etiquette, and protocol skills and knowledge.
- ServeSafe and TIPS certification.
- Ability to provide clear and legible written communication as well as communicate exceptionally well verbally, in person and by phone.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to input and access data on a computer.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using correct spelling and grammar.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous.
- Ability to promote positive relationships with all individuals who approach the restaurant and by telephone.
- Ability to exercise good judgment with difficult guests.
- Ability to think clearly, quickly, maintain concentration, and make a concise decision in a pressure situation.
- Ability to work effectively in providing exceptional service in a luxury restaurant environment cohesively with other departments and individuals as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize and follow up on work assignments.
- Understanding of food and beverage safety practices, as well as safe handling of cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to suggestively sell restaurant menu items, beverages, and wines.
Working Conditions: Most tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is usually moderate. The noise level is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: Frequent need to perform the following physical activities:
- Reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. I frequently need to perform standing and walking activities related to providing food service in the restaurant.
- The constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Frequent need to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Vision requirements: the constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: the constant need to speak on the telephone and/or two-way radio.
- Respond to the general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
NOTE: A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://theapplicantmanager.com/careers?co=tl