Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
Come join our award-winning team as the Chief Engineer at the Courtyard by Marriott in Sandy. Position is full-time, generally 7am-3pm Monday – Friday and some weekends as needed. Salary is based on experience.
Marriott and the Woodbury Group care about your safety where you work. We comply with Marriott brand standards and have adopted the “Commitment to Clean” program to ensure the safety of you and our guests.
- Daily Pay – get paid on-demand
- Medical Insurance
- 401K Employer Match
- Paid Time Off starting on first day
- Free Life and Accident Insurances
- Opportunities for growth and advancement within the Woodbury Group of hotels
- Retention and Referral Bonuses (after 30 days)
- Awesome Marriott worldwide hotel discounts (up to 75% off)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Program (Wellable)
- Some experience performing engineering/general maintenance duties; engineering management or supervisory experience a plus
Licenses or Certificates: Technical certifications in electrical, plumbing or other related fields are a plus.
- Have a strong working knowledge of and passion for hospitality engineering.
- Display a strong hands-on approach; thrive in guest and colleague interactions.
- Think critically and objectively; have excellent problem solving skills and the ability to make quick decisions based on business demands; manages multiple priorities and deadlines to accomplish goals in a timely manner.
- Be technologically savvy, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Perform the duties of maintenance associates as needed.
- Respond to maintenance requests and work orders in an expedient, professional manner.
- Interact with guests to ensure satisfaction; handle problem escalation as necessary.
- Train, mentor, counsel and discipline colleagues.
- After hours on-call availability if an issue arises; available nights and weekends.
- Seek continual improvement for the department and hotel.
- Monitor the hotel’s electrical, plumbing, mechanical, pool, lighting, and HVAC systems.
- Maintain hotel shuttle (as appropriate to the hotel) in good working condition.
- Inspect hotel for signs of necessary preventative maintenance; monitor usable life of all furniture, fixtures and equipment to ensure maximum efficiency and to plan for capital purchases.
- Manage HVAC, elevator, landscape and other service contractors, including monitoring and negotiating contract agreements as necessary.
- Order tools, parts and materials; manage inventory.
- Respond or perform duties of a groundskeeper including snow removal.
- Maintain all maintenance records and accurate tracking of expenses, both costs and capital items; prepare annual maintenance budget.
- Ensure hotel compliance with all municipal, provincial and federal regulations relating to operational functions, fire and safety programs.
- Responsible for all emergency services; maintain an emergency plan for systems back up.
- Conduct loss prevention inspections as needed and ensure timely follow-up to required improvements.
- Comply with all policies, procedures and regulations that relate to the local, state and federal laws.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://courtyardsandy.careerplug.com/j/019jtyf