Hotel Night Auditor
Hampton Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport
Full time Auditor Monday – Thursday 11pm – 7am
Job Description Summary
The Night Auditor (NA) is responsible for accurately balancing all hotel income and expenses for every 24 hour hotel operating period. The NA also acts as a Guest Service Agent for the overnight front desk shift at the hotel. The NA is responsible for consistently delivering results that contribute to the mission and overall success of the hotel by accomplishing performance objectives covering the front desk. The NA will act as the hotel system liaison during night hours. The NA will call in and open tickets with Hilton or OnQ system support during the overnight hours if a system fails or issues occur.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Balance and audit room revenue, food and beverage revenue and telephone revenue for accuracy; assist in the preparation of all reports relevant to daily revenues.
- Balance and audit all room tax charges, cashier reports, and guest house accounts for accuracy.
- Complete and transmit daily management/accounting reports with any supporting documentation ensuring the accurate accounting of the hotel revenues and expenses.
- Prepare Front Desk Manager daily, weekly and month end reporting packs.
- Assist in the set up the complimentary breakfast service to include hot and cold food service, juice and coffee stations, and all supplies.
- Assist in the washing, drying, and folding of hotel laundry.
- Act as the security point of contact during various times in the shift.
- Communicate with the Assistant General Manager to resolve accounting discrepancies and to request or provide information.
- Register guests, issue room keys, and provide information on hotel services, room location
- Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions in accordance with established procedures including but not limited to posting all charges, completing cashier and other reports, preparing deposit, and counting/ securing assigned bank.
- May routinely book guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or from within the hotel; process cancellations, revisions, and information updates on changes. Up-sell rooms where possible to maximize revenue.
- Follow the overall seasonal demand reservation strategy as communicated by the hotel management team with regard to room type and length of stay pricing.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other shifts and departmental management.
- Ensure guest special requests are fulfilled and proper delivery of guest services is delivered.
- Comply with federal, state and local laws regarding health, safety, and alcohol services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Related Jobs (11)
Front Desk Supervisor- $1,000 Sign on Bonus and $25.00 Gas Stipend Weekly on January 10, 2023 Full Time