Hotel Shuttle Driver
Hampton Inn & Suites SLC Airport
Provides transportation for guests in a safe, courteous and friendly manner
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Escort arriving and departing guests to and from accommodations
- Assist guests with luggage and other belongings
- Maintain safe transportation environment for all guests
- Operate vehicle in accordance with all local, state, and federal traffic laws
- Maintain shuttle cleanliness and daily safety reports
- Track and maintain all vehicle preventative maintenance
- Report any vehicle malfunctions in a timely manner
- All other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions
- Customer Service –Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds promptly to requests for service and assistance
- Team Work – Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment free environment
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures including but not limited to, dress code policies
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed
- Interpersonal – Maintains confidentiality
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently
- Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity
- Safety & Security – Observes safety and security procedure; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
One-year previous driving experience required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to converse with guests and others, including, but not limited to airport personnel.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in writing, orally, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to resolve guest conflict resolution when necessary.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and toxic. The employee is occasionally exposed to inclement weather conditions and may be exposed to variety of weather including extreme heat, rain, wind, and any other condition applicable to geographic area. Employee will be expected to drive vehicle safely during all weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, climb or balance stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Available Shifts: 4:00am – Noon ; 4:00pm – Midnight