We’re hiring for a Housekeeping Supervisor/Inspector at the beautiful TownePlace Suites by Marriott located in downtown Salt Lake City. Position is full-time, days vary, weekends a MUST! Come join our team and you will enjoy competitive wages, great benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Employer Match, paid time off (PTO) starting on first day, free Life & Accident Insurance, opportunities for growth & advancement and awesome Marriott worldwide travel discounts.
Marriott and the Woodbury Group care about your safety where you work. We comply with Marriott brand standards and have adopted the “Commitment to Clean” program to ensure the safety of you and our guests.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities/ Essential Functions
Note: Per the Americans with Disabilities Act, essential functions are the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Perform the duties of a Housekeeper/Room Attendant plus the following:
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of an assigned group of Housekeepers or an assigned area of the facility; ensure that guestrooms are clean, restocked and straightened; regularly inspect guestrooms; train associates in proper work procedures, safety, and customer service; may be assigned to track inventory, disburse linens or assisting in purchasing supplies; may supervise the hotel laundry operations; may assist in recruiting and selecting new associates; communicate performance expectations and provides associates with on-going feedback; coach and counsels associates to achieve work and personal objectives; foster 100% guest satisfaction through standards encouraging genuine hospitality and exceeding guest expectations; listen to associates and guests; apologize with empathy as appropriate and follow through when resolving guest concerns.
- Clean guest rooms along with assigned staff as hotel needs require.
- At least 2 years of housekeeping experience
- Able to collaborate effectively with subordinate staff and peers
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish (highly desirable)
- Ability to work a variable work schedule
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use proper lifting techniques; can lift up to 50 pounds regularly and up to 75 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to use cleaning materials, supplies and equipment (vacuums, buffers, laundry equipment, etc.)
Note: The above duties and qualifications may vary; incumbents may perform other related duties as assigned or needed.
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://woodburycorporation.careerplug.com/j/0r49bd