We are hiring for a hotel Houseman. Position is part-time, but could potentially be full-time, 2 to 4 shifts available depending on applicant availability, AM and PM hours. Facilities or custodial experience is a PLUS, but not required. Come join our team at the Residence Inn by Marriott located in Sandy. We offer a fun work environment, competitive wages and a great benefits package that includes Marriott worldwide travel discounts!
Marriott and the Woodbury Group care about your safety where you work. We comply with Marriott brand standards and have adopted the “Commitment to Clean” program to ensure the safety of you and our guests.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Responsible for completing required brand training.
- Perform daily cleaning of all public areas and back of house and ensure there is adequate stock of supplies.
- Report any maintenance issues located in guestrooms or public areas immediately to maintenance to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Maintain a clean and clutter-free work environment through the ongoing cleaning and organizing of the housekeeping closets, the housekeeping and laundry facility, break room, and houseman cart.
- Follow all hotel lost and found reporting and storage procedures.
- Ensure trash and debris are continually removed from the property and out of the sight of the guests.
- Continually monitor the pool and fitness facility ensuring the prompt removal of used towels and providing an appropriate stock of clean, dry towels.
- Assists with any room attendant or laundry operations as hotel and staffing demands dictate.
- As needed, complete special projects such as carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, tile and grout cleaning, etc.
- Assists in recognizing and correcting potential safety hazards (broken doors, fire hazards, etc.) and security problems (locking doors after hours, etc.)
- Remain watchful and reports any suspicious activity as needed to ensure safety of guests, associates and hotel assets.
- Manage time effectively to accomplish all desired tasks, duties, and action plans.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor in all situations involving guests, associates and vendors.
- Comply with all brand standards.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and taste or smell. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, reasonable color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Prior experience related to the above duties is helpful but not required.
- Must be neat, professional and well-groomed.
- Must possess good organization/time management skills.
- Must be dependable and reliable.
- Must be able to work with little supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be in good physical condition as the job requires frequent pushing, pulling, reaching, stooping, handling, and gripping
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds (lifting above the shoulder is also required).
- Able to relate well to hotel guests and co-workers.
- Able to work well as part of a team.
- Able to learn quickly.
- Able to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed.
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://woodburycorporation.careerplug.com/j/0qtg14