The Hyatt Place Provo Downtown is looking for a hard working, team player that would like to join our housekeeping team as a Houseperson!! Morning and afternoon part-time shifts available.
POSITION TITLE: Houseperson
REPORTS TO: Housekeeping Supervisor / Executive Housekeeper
JOB SUMMARY: Respond promptly to requests from guests and other departments. Identify and report preventative or other maintenance issues in public areas or guest rooms. Performs any combination of the following tasks to maintain guestrooms, working areas, and the hotel premises in general in a clean and orderly manner. Retrieves soiled linen from and replenishes clean linen in guest floor linen closets. Ensures general cleanliness of guest public areas by removal of trash from receptacles, vacuuming, dusting and general tidying of areas.
Should maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all housekeeping departmental policies/service and the hotel’s procedures/standards. Additionally, maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- Cleans rugs, carpets and upholstered furniture using a vacuum cleaner, broom and carpet shampoo machine.
- Cleans rooms, hallways and restrooms.
- Assists room attendants with deep cleans by washing walls and ceilings, moving furniture and turning mattresses.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors, dusts and polishes metalwork.
- Collects soiled linen for laundering, removes trash from guest floors collected by room attendants
- Received linen supplies from floor shoots.
- Maintains housekeeping carts.
- Pickup clean linen and refill the par stock of linen on each floor closet.
- Deliver towels, cribs, cots and other items to the guest rooms upon request.
- Perform duties of room attendant when necessary.
- Refill the par stock of guest amenities and supplies on each floor closet.
- Clean all public areas in the prescribed manner while following department standard operating procedures.
- Respond at all times in a friendly, helpful manner to guests and co-workers.
- Other duties may be assigned by management as necessary.
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, bend, stoop and carry for prolonged periods of time as customary in a laundry role.
- Must be able to push up to 75 lbs., lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to visually inspect linen for rips, tear and discoloration to ensure linen is in acceptable condition.
- Previous laundry or housekeeping experience highly desirable.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/mdf/recruitment/previewJobDesc.html?lang=en_US&cid=e409d1e0-cef7-4375-8075-9a7a41435adf&ccId=9200132507575_2