Snowbasin Resort believes that people are at the center of everything we do, from caring for our employees and guests, to serving the communities where we live. We are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in hiring, training, and career advancement. Building a community that is respectful and kind towards one another is who we are.
Job Summary: Manages the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources office including onboarding/off-boarding, data entry, project management, regulatory and policy compliance, benefit administration, partnership with payroll and oversight of HR staff. Plays a significant role in enhancing employee experience by seeking efficiencies in processes, supporting a welcoming HR environment, and promoting accountability while maintaining approachability. A successful candidate enjoys systems and process set up, has a strong attention to detail and ability to provide insightful analysis while having fun serving passionate team members!
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct and support all HR transactional processes in an efficient and effective manner in a fast-paced office environment. This includes onboarding and off-boarding of 600-700 +/- employees annually.
- Custodian of records for resort and ensures that background checks, E-Verify, and files are all current and in compliance.
- UKG: System “superuser” with responsibilities including resort-wide training of the system functions and features, setting up access, and monitoring workflows, along with BI reports.
- Ensure that they are driving the standards and employee culture that supports our values and operational goals.
- Property contacts for employee eligibility and enrollment regarding health and wellness benefits.
- Ensures all benefits information and reports are current and up to date in compliance with out benefit plan.
- Assist with employee relations as needed with the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Provide management support as needed.
- Facilitate training and development across the resort.
- Provides reports, audits and analysis as needed, often in partnership with payroll and benefits, to various stakeholders.
- Responsible for hiring, training, developing the performance of 2 team members.
- Coordinates uniform distribution for resort including inventory and cleaning of uniforms and works closely with business partners to ensure uniforms policy is followed.
- Lead by example, fostering cross-departmental teamwork and collaboration. Develop a culture within administrative functions of cross-collaboration and acting as an internal service provider.
- Builds trust with all managers, senior leaders, and employees so that the internal service function of the Human Resources department is one of a safe and neutral atmosphere.
- Ensures a positive employee experience when interacting with the HR front office team.
- Support in other areas of Human Resources as needed/requested.
- Leadership: Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Integrity & Compliance: Comply with Federal and Utah Labor law in phases of the payroll and employment process from hiring through termination, as well as all Company policies & procedures.
- Commitment to Service: Achieve continuous improvement in operational objectives by implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards. Contribute information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews
- Financial: Responsible for creating and maintaining labor budget. Check and manage payroll for overtime, compliance with labor model. Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Safety: Establish, implement, and enforce safety standards in accordance with company policies and procedures as well as State & Federal laws.
Competencies and Job Requirements:
- Communication: Able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally across all levels of the organization. Able to effectively present information to management, employees, and customers.
- Organization: Demonstrate ability to proactively prioritize needs, put first things first, and effectively manage resources and time. Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Reasoning Ability: Able to make independent decisions which may have considerable impacts on the organization. Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpersonal skills to professionally handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
Working knowledge of computers and technology including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access), with high proficiency in Excel.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
- A minimum of three years of human resource management experience preferred.
- Kronos and UKG Pro experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the ski industry is helpful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, and hear. Sits for extended periods of time at a computer station or work desk; stands and walks regularly throughout the day; uses hands and fingers to operate computers and office equipment for up to 8 hours each day; lifts up to 10 pounds regularly; exposed to typical office environment conditions and noise levels. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the workplace is usually moderate.
Equipment Used in Job: General office equipment
RESPONSIBILITIES TO SAFETY:
1. Protect the safety of self, co-workers, and Snowbasin Resort guests at all times.
2. Promptly report any potentially harmful equipment or situations to the immediate supervisor and/or appropriate department(s).
3. Report safety-related accidents and incidents at once to immediate supervisor and appropriate department(s), following documented procedures.
4. Follow all company and department safety policies and procedures as outlined in the Resort’s Occupational Safety & Health Compliance Manual and department-specific procedures or manuals.
5. Operate equipment in a safe manner that will not lead to injury of yourself or others.
6. Drive in accordance with the law and Snowbasin Resort policies.
NOTE: This job description shall not be construed as a contract for employment. Snowbasin Resort is an at-will employer. As a prerequisite to employment, a criminal background check is required. Results of a background check aren’t automatic grounds for disqualification.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://recruit.hirebridge.com/v3/careercenter/v2/?cid=7707