Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
As a Refrigeration Technician under the direction of the Village Operations Manager you will repair and maintain refrigeration, heating and electrical equipment throughout Snowbird Village.
As a Refrigeration Technician at Snowbird, you will:
- Repair refrigeration, heating, and electrical equipment.
- Repair or replace compressors, electric motors for condenser and evaporative coils, boilers, fans, pumps, etc.
- Assess problems and determine proper type of repair. Including the maintenance of chillers, ice makers, walk-in coolers, etc.
- Require ability to read and write and communicate.
- Require journeyman-level skills in refrigeration.
- Must demonstrate basic competency in reading, writing, speaking, simple arithmetic and interpersonal relations.
- Use power tools, welding equipment and diagnostic equipment.
- Operate all equipment maintained to determine causes of malfunctions and effectiveness of repairs.
- Drive company truck.
- Orders parts and prepares requisitions for replacement parts and supplies as necessary.
- Research pricing information in catalog, prepare requisition and deliver to supervisor.
- Check in parts with purchasing to verify that it is the correct part ordered.
- Maintain inventory of replacement parts and hardware, count inventory and order necessary equipment monthly.
- Assist Plumber with repairs, repair or replace faulty plumbing (e.g., hot water systems, drain lines, sewer lines, etc.)
- Assist Electrician with electrical repairs and refrigeration.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on all equipment.
- Review, service and repair all necessary parts.
- May fabricate replacement parts and/or perform various welding tasks as assigned.
- Use a torch and various equipment to fabricate equipment.
- Require some exercise of judgment within policy guidelines and without supervisory approval. Has significant input into decisions made by others.
- May select solution from a number of established courses of action.
- Must diagnose and apply correct procedures to fix and maintain refrigeration equipment.
- Responsible for proper care and maintenance of all refrigeration systems throughout Snowbird Village.
- Responsible for handling all department-related equipment with care.
- Follow safe practices on the job and on Snowbird property and abides by all rules and regulations.
- Report safety hazards or concerns to supervisor as soon as possible.
- Work is planned and conducted with safety as a primary goal.
- Repairs are made to ensure safe operation of all equipment.
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- High School diploma
- Journeyman level training or equivalency in a college degree.
- Must have 4 years of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence or a Journeyman Certificate, in the trade of refrigeration maintenance.
- Must have a current driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have Certification license as a HVAC Technician approved to handle refrigerate gases
- Preferred Universal Technician certificate
- Shift: 40 hours a week with flexible schedule
- Must be prepared to stay overnight if necessary on occasional times of road closures.
- May experience unusual stress from continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
- Has no supervisory responsibility other than self-direction within given job parameters, or routine guidance of others in similar position.
Must travel occasionally to Salt Lake Valley to pick up parts for emergencies.
- Travels between lodges and areas at Snowbird.
- Must be able to lift 100 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
- Work is outdoors and requires constant exposure to cold and other extreme weather conditions.
- Work is subject to frequent interruptions making continuity and accuracy difficult, frequent exposure to noise.
- Occasional contact with guests.
- Direct and continuous contact with co-workers, management, and other departments.
- Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the role. We require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired and comply with our professional appearance, drug & alcohol, and employee conduct policies.
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.snowbird.com/jobs/
Related Jobs (3)
Maintenance Worker on June 7, 2023 Full Time
Engineer on May 26, 2023
Maintenance Engineer on January 15, 2023 Full Time Part Time